Chapter 17

Josh's P.O.V.

      Tonight is the night. The night I graduate. The night where my high school life is over and I embark on a new journey.

Wow I sound like a girl!

But yes, tonight is the last night I will be a young foolish teenager in high school.

"Josh you have 2 hours until you have to be at the school for last minute rehursles" my mom said from down the stairs.

"Okay mom thank you".

I hopped in the shower so I could start getting ready.

As the water ran down my back i could feel the hot tears rolling down my face.

How could this be happening? How can I be okay knowing that Zeak isn't right beside me and hasn't been for the whole year.

Where the hell could Zeak be?! I've looked and searched and done everything I know how to do to find him. Why would he just leave like that?! Why couldn't he have told me that he was going away forever and I'd never see him again.

How could I love someone more than anything in the world, even take a bullet to the heart for, when they caused me so much heart ache and tears to kill me.

*Knock knock*

" Josh honey you've been in there for almost an hour are you okay " my moms voice brought me back from outside my bathroom door.

"Yeah mom. Im fine don't worry." I said coming out of the bathroom with my boxers on

"Honey oh my goodness what happened Josh!" my mom gasped when she saw me.

"I'm fine mom don't worry"

"Joshua do not lie to my face. Now what's going on" she said stepping closer to me.

"How! How could he do this to me?! How could he just throw everything away and leave without saying anything? I've looked and looked and I can't find him anywhere. How am I supposed to get through tonight with out my bestfriend and the love of my life who's been with me for everything" I said hugging her tightly and crying every tear I had left in me.

"Shhhh baby. Its okay just breathe. I don't have the answer and I wish so badly that I did. But you are such a remarkable young man Joshua. We dont know why things happen the way they do but we trust that it's all apart of God's plan and everything's going to be okay. We will get through tonight just like we have been every other day. Now come on, we have a graduation to attend to"

"I love you mom. I don't know what I would do without you"

"I love you more son. Now we have to go so finish getting ready and meet me down stairs".