Chapter 14: Come on Eileen

"I've always wanted to come here, haven't you Emma?" Marlee gushes as we arrive at the Hotel de Paris in Monte Carlo, Monaco. It really is a beautiful country, but if you haven't already guessed, I'm not in the mood. First, Louis has been a complete dickhead. Second, tonight is the stupid charity dinner; kill me now. And third, Louis has a date. Yeah, Niall told Marlee that he scored a date with some ditzy French model. Am I crushed? Heartbroken? Crying on the bathroom floor? Hell no. I'm done with that piece of sh- I mean trash.

The hotel was just as grand as I had seen in old movies. I had a love for the vintage world and anything like this was so on my bucket list. I was once again rooming with Marlee and we had about three hours until the dinner began in the ballroom of the hotel. We went up to our suite, which was small compared to the one the boys were sharing, but still great. I went straight to the large bed on the left side of the room and laid myself down, tired from the long drive. Don't get me wrong, driving through Italy was fantastic, it just really tires you out; especially with the immaturity of five boys following you around. Yeah, it's not my cup of tea.

I took a quick nap, but was woken up about forty-five minutes later to Marlee shaking me all over the bed. "What?" I yelled and shot my head up as she finally let go of me. "We have to get ready now!" she said dramatically. Oh joy. I let out a long sigh and got up from the comfortable bed, walking over to the bathroom so I could shower. I locked the door and admired the marble floored on-suite; it really was nice. And I felt so bad since I wasn't paying for any of it. I shook it off, knowing Marlee would be banging on the door if the sound of water didn't start in the next thirty seconds. She always thinks that I'm acting suicidal. Gosh, just cause I'm not as perky as her doesn't mean I'm depressed. I'm fine, guys, really. I turned the shower on and stripped off my tee shirt and jeans, quickly jumping into the shower. When I stepped out, the mirrors were fogged up and I had to wipe the watermarks away with my towel. Marlee knocked on the door a little while after I had gotten out and I let her in so she could work on her hair and makeup. I stepped back into the room and sighed when I saw the dress waiting. Well, at least my boobs are popping out of this one. Maybe Louis will actually be able to keep his eyes off of me. Kidding, of course!

I put it on, followed by the black flats Marlee had found me yesterday. They were really a cute alternative to heels. I looked over to myself in the mirror on the other side of the room and raised an eyebrow: not too bad. If only I had a date to impress with this. I played with the dress for a little bit, but immediately stopped when my phone rang. I picked it up and answered it. "Hello?" I said into the speaker. God, I sound like an automated voice from those calls you get when your prescription is ready. "Hi, Emma? This is Luca." he said with his prominent Italian accent. Gosh, he was even cute over the phone! Too bad he has a girlfriend, or I would totally go for him. Wait, that's it! "Luca! Oh my Gosh can you do me a really big favor?" I said excitedly. "Sure, what do you need?"

"Well, see, Louis, you know, the guy that was rude to you the other day, he's.. um.. bringing a date to the charity dinner tonight and I just thought that-" he cut off my awkward stuttering. "That I could take you as my date tonight and make him jealous?" "Um, well, okay. You said it not me." we both laughed. "Yeah, well don't worry about it. Louis didn't seem to bad, he was just jealous. Now you have to get him back. I have some work tonight, but I should be able to hold it off until later since Chris and Lea won't be back for hours." he said and I remembered that Lea would be there too, cool! More friends! "Alright well, thank you so much for this. And I'm not making him jealous, I just don't want to be alone." I argued. "Emma, you're so jealous. Just face it, he is all you can think about anymore and you can't resist the lov-" I stopped him with "Bye Luca, see you in a bit!" and hung up the phone. People just need to learn to mind their own business.