Chapter 9

Loki was woken up early in the morning, much to his dismay. Loki opened his eyes, and immediately glared when he saw Thor's face. "Brother," Thor said softly for the first time, "I am here to get you now. Father awaits for our return."
   Not my father, you fool, Loki thought angrily. He then fully took in Thor's words.
   Loki looked at him in alarm. "Now?" he thought to him. Thor jumped slightly at the sudden voice in his head.
   "Yes, brother." Thor nodded. He then glanced around the room confused. "I thought this was supposed to stop your magic?"
   "I can't go yet!" Loki protested. "Rosabelle -"
   "Loki, as much as I love the fact that you care about someone like I do with Jane, we have to go." Thor interrupted sadly. "Father wants us to return as soon as possible."
   "He is NOT my father!" Loki yelled in Thor's mind. Thor winced at the loudness, and glared at Loki annoyed. "I am sorry Thor, but I am not leaving. I thought we were to leave in two days?"
   "You have no choice." Thor revealed. "You either do this willingly, or else SHIELD will come here and force you to leave. And if you choose that, then it's a big chance that you won't be able to say your farewells to Lady Stark."
   Loki looked away with a pained look on his face, and glared down at his broken hands. "Fine," Loki gave in sadly, "I will get ready - only if Rosabelle helps me."
***
Rosabelle walked into the room happily, only to see a sullen-looking Loki sitting on the edge of his bed. "Loki, what's wrong?" she asked concerned. He motioned with his head to come to him. Rosabelle immediately walked in front of him, only to be pulled into his arms, so she now stood in between his legs. "Loki? You're making me nervous now." Rosabelle chuckled nervously. Loki gave her a sad look in return. "Loki?"
   "You are to help me get ready for mine and Thor's leave."
   "What!" Rosabelle yelped, pulling away to stare at him in disbelief. "B-but -"
   "I know, I'm sorry." Loki looked at her sadly. "I wish there was another way, but -"
   "No, I understand." Rosabelle gave him a sad smile. "You either go willingly, or by force -"
   "That will make me unable to say my farewells to you." he added glumly.
   "What?"
   "Thor told me that I was to go willingly, or else SHIELD would come in and take me away forcefully, not making me have time to say my final farewells to you." Loki looked at her sadly. "Forgive me?"
   "Of course I forgive you." Rosabelle murmured, wrapping her arms around his neck to give him a hug, hiding her tears.
   "Not only for this." he shook his head. "Forgive me for all the sins I've done. Wrecking New York, killing lots of innocent lives, ever existing. . ."
   "It wasn't your fault." Rosabelle shook her head. "I saw the files. It wasn't your fault." Loki gave her a questioning look. "I. . .I saw that you had blue eyes at the beginning of the file." she revealed. "And then when you and Thor were going back to Asgard, I noticed your eyes were green." Rosabelle lifted a hand to his cheek, gently caressing bellow his eye. "Like they are now."
   "You are an observant one, aren't you." he said amused. Rosabelle just sent a weak smile back.
   "Come on," she said, "let's get you ready for Asgard."
***
Tony and the rest of the team heard above them a thud of something landing. JARVIS told them what they confirmed.
   "Sir, Thor has arrived from his quick visit to Jane Foster."
   "Thanks JARVIS." Tony sighed. He gave the others a wary look.
   "Who's going to tell Rosabelle and Loki?" Bruce asked them quietly.
   "I think all of us should do it." Tony admitted. "We kind of gave the two a tough time breathing over their shoulders."
   "You're accepting the fact that Rosabelle and Loki are friends now -?"
   "Or more?" Clint added from Natasha.
   "Maybe. . ." Tony revealed slightly. "I don't know. . .she's my daughter! She just had to get my stubbornness. . ."
   "Are you also doing this because you want us to share your pain of some sort to tell the two?" Steve raised an eyebrow at the philanthropist.
   "Yes." Tony said bluntly. Thor suddenly landed on the balcony from the roof. He walked through the doors and greeted them stiffly.
   "Father is ready to take Loki now." Thor said glumly. "Have you informed Lady Stark or Loki?"
   "We were just going to." Natasha said.
   "Come on." Bruce murmured, leading the way.
***
They entered the room to see Rosabelle in the middle of laughing at something, Loki beside her staring at her with adoration. The two were seated on Loki's bed, sitting against the headrest, shoulder to shoulder. Rosabelle had her arm looped through his, her thumb subconsciously rubbing soothing circles on the back of Loki's broken ones. She had her head resting on his shoulder, nuzzling into him. Loki tried to follow her, but couldn't due to his injuries and the way his hands didn't cooperate like he wished. Tony cleared his throat for their attention.
   The two looked up with happiness in their eyes and in Rosabelle's smile, only for them to disappear when they noticed everyone staring at them warily.
   "Is it. . .is it time?" Rosabelle asked hesitantly. They nodded in return.
   "Come on sweetie," Tony said gently, something the others had never heard him speak in, "it's time for them to go."
   Rosabelle looked at Loki sadly and hid her face in Loki's neck. Loki himself nuzzled his face into her hair, his arm tightening around hers. The Avengers noticed a small tear escape Loki's eyes. They then realised how much Loki needed Rosabelle.
   She was Loki's anchor. She kept him sane and showed him compassion and kindness. She read books to him, looked after him, showed no signs of any negative feelings for him. She kept him company since he arrived, and always made sure he was as comfortable as he could get in Midgard, surrounded by many people who wish for him to be dead.
   They realised they were pulling Loki's sanity away from him by separating him from Rosabelle.