Home

It was one week since I got in the hospital, one week since it was all over. Fred was visiting me every day, yesterday he mentioned of a big surprise for me when I am free to go from the hospital. Curiosity took over me and I was thinking about it all the time. My thoughts were interrupted by an unexpected guest who walked inside the room.
"Will? Hey, come in." I sat up in the bed and rested my back on the pillows behind.
"Hello, Paige. How are you feeling?" He brought flowers, which made me smile. "I got you flowers."
"Thank you. You can leave them over there." I said pointing at the table.
"How are you feeling?" William asked when he left the flowers where I told him and sat beside me.
"I'm good. I want to go home..." I chuckled at my silly behavior, I was like a child in the hospital, I only wanted to go home, ignoring the fact that it was probably better for me if I stayed.
"Well, as far as I know you are free to go tomorrow."
"Yes... Anyways, how are you?" I didn't like the attention I was receiving from everyone lately, I wanted to speak with people, but without me being the topic.
"Ah... well I've been fine. I was helping Fred with few things the last days, so I was busy with him mostly." He chuckled nervously and I smiled.
"I see... I never got the chance to thank you for saving my life." Our eyes locked and we shared the same warm smile holding lots of this inside of us.
"And you for saving mine." He took my hand in his and pecked my knuckles. "I hope you will only face happiness in your life, Paige." I squeezed his hand and he chuckled. "And I hope that when you feel better, you and I can open a department back at the Ministry?" I was speechless for a brief of moment.
"Oh my! Yes, yes, yes!" I leaned in his arms to embrace him and he held me tight. "Thank you, William." Whispering these words make me so happy. Everything was coming to its place.
"No, thank you." He pulled away and I rested my back again against the pillows. "I should have never let you go, I will always regret that. But seeing how happy you are is enough for me." I caressed his cheek with my hand and gave him a warm, thankful smile.
"I guess in another place and time we will be together." He took my hand and pecked it one last time before getting up from the chair.
"I should leave you rest." He bend down and kissed my forehead. "Bye, Paige."
"Bye, Will." I waved slowly towards him and when he closed the door I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.
   The next day, I woke up with enthusiasm, ready to finally leave.
"Are you alright, love?" Fred asked as he held my hand and walked me out the room.
"Yes, take me home." I hugged his upper arm and let him guide me thru the hallway.
Outside were waiting my mom and dad in our family car. They hugged me when we reached and slowly I got in the car. I rested my head on Fred's shoulder during the ride, but it was longer than I expected.
"We are here, love." Fred whispered to me and I slowly opened my eyes.
He helped me get out the car, but when I got out my feet glued to the ground. I stood in front of a huge house, no, more like mansion. My lips spread apart and I looked in disbelief at Fred.
"What is the meaning of this?"
"You asked me to take you home." He shrugged his shoulders, trying to hide his smile away from me.
"Oh my..." My eyes returned to the building and I covered my mouth with both my hands. "This is not real..." At this moment with the edge of my eye I spotted Fred moving and I turned my head back at him, only to see him kneeling down. "Fred?"
"Paige Daniels, I know you asked me to leave you many times, but I realized that my life will be meaningless without you. So I am here, left with no other choice, but to ask you this..." He pulled out a small box and opened it. "Will you be my wife?" I stared at him not knowing which emotion to show first.
"Yes!" I shouted between laughter and tears of joy. "Yes!" My answer made him smile brightly and he stood up.
He took my shaking hand and slid the ring on my finger. We looked at each other and chuckled like kids who just got the best present in their life. I couldn't control myself and jumped on him, locking our lips into a kiss. I could hear my parents sniffing from happiness behind us, so when I pulled from the kiss I went to them and they pulled me into a hug full of love.
"Thank you for everything." I whispered to them and my mother chuckled, giving me butterfly kisses all over the face.
   The rest of the day we spent walking around my new home and talking what we will do and how we will design the rooms. It was a magical day, almost unbelievable, but I was certain it was real and that's what made me happy.