진실

Telling the girls that you needed time for yourself was pretty difficult. They insisted on going back to your place but the argument that you had to prepare stuff for uni convinced them to leave you alone.

So here you were.
Alone.
You were sitting on the edge of your bed not knowing what to do. If there was a way to prepare yourself you would have, but you couldn't prepare yourself.

What was is that you wanted? - Taehyung.
Yes, he's been an asshole but you didn't believe it. Deep down had to be the Taehyung you've met almost 2 years ago. The Taehyung who visited you at 2 am in the morning, bought you flowers and gifted you with compliments all the time.
Krystal had changed him and you wanted to suck out that Krystal poison and get your Taehyung back. Maybe you were stupid in love but you couldn't change it, you wanted this with all of your heart. Revive the past.

Your motto about living in the present seemed to fade at that aspect, but living in the present was a pain in the ass. And tonight you wanted to change that. With both of you working on it you could get happy again. Just like in the night after the disco.

It was 11 pm and he still hadn't shown his appearance. What if the was messing with you again? How far does he push you until you give up on him? Just when you were thinking about it your door bell rang.

Taehyung.

The adrenaline rushed through your blood as you opened the door to welcome him. He looked like a mess. Just like he had promised it didn't seem that he had drunken alcohol but still his hair was ruffled through and under his eyes were dark bags. You wondered how he had passed these last weeks. Of course he always seemed to be happy with Krystal and at first you thought he was really in love with her and was just messing with you - until the night.

Even the kiss before hadn't convinced you since he was drunk, but in that night he was sober. And he told you many times how he liked it, missed you and enjoyed the moment.

Deep down you hoped he would tell you that he had given up on Krystal and wanted to give you two a new try, but this weird tingling in your stomach was disturbing you. And seeing Taehyung, he didn't seem that he was about to tell you something happy.

Without saying something really he went in and put off his shoes at his spot. You closed the door and quietly followed Taehyung into the living room. While you sat down he was walking back and forth in the room. He seemed extremely nervous.

"Just say it.", you tried to take the pressure off him.

"I... I want to explain everything to you.", he mumbled quietly so that you couldn't understand him at first.

You sighed loudly and leaned back on your sofa. This was an awkward situation. Knowing that he put so much effort into it could've made this situation a bit better for you, but of course it didn't.

"I want to start from the beginning. Why this thing with Krystal even started.", he sat down on the floor right in front of you but didn't look at you, instead he played with the carpet, "I've told you already that I met her when I was buying you flowers. But I didn't tell you everything... Krystal told me right from the beginning that I should break up with you. She became like my best friend, sometimes with benefits when I was drunk. We...we argued a lot and I told Krystal about each of our arguments. Every time she told me that you were just using me. She always told me that our relationship was fake."

You gasped loudly at what he had said. Krystal had taken over his mind and Taehyung obviously hadn't noticed.

"And you believed that? Couples argue that's normal!", you sat up straight and stared at him while he was still playing with the carpet.