3

Chapter three: Punishment

09.26.1944

Finally finding time between her Potions project and all her essays. She barely had time to research, Hermione made her way to the library, praying she didn't run into Riddle there, ever since her encounter with him in the hall during the slug club meeting circumstances have been tense. She just needed a moment to research Horcruxes without Riddle being around because surely he'd be suspicious if he ever caught her researching the subject.

So she had decided to go to the library, Hermione was hoping that she could sneak into the restricted area without being noticed. She needed to find a book about anything that had to do with Horcruxes or the soul more specifically. She wanted to gain as much knowledge as she could about what Riddle was planning and in order to do that she need to read.

But however, she didn't have permission to be there, and being caught without the approval of an official meant severe punishment. But on the other hand she knew how to get in undiscovered, she had entered many times before without consult and this one was just like the others.

She quickly made her way over to the restricted area, casting a disillusionment charm on herself and headed straight to the back.

Skimming the dusty books she finally found a very interesting book tucked between two heavy other books.

Sitting down she tenderly, took it from its resting place, opened it, flipped to an intriguing page and began to read.

Wizards and muggles have managed to give a suitable definition of the soul. Our morals, or immaterial part of us regarded as immortal. It is what makes our character or our identity and is often referred as a spiritual organ. Many wizards have attempted to piece by piece dissect the soul-.

Hermione sighed and looked up when she heard footsteps.

"Are you allowed to be here?" A younger version of McGonogall asked politely.

"Oh sorry I was just doing a bit of research on something for my potions project." Hermione replied absentmindedly.

"Well you do know that you aren't authorised to be here?" McGonogall asked crossing her arms.

"She does indeed, Minerva Darling." A luscious smooth voice said from behind her.

Hermione took the chance of distraction to shove the book inside her bag, luckily Riddle didn't notice.

"Tom" Minerva greeted flushed.

"Now what to do with you...I have the perfect punishment." He murmured, looking down at Hermione with cold emotionless eyes.

She sighed in defeat not caring anymore, she was tired of arguing with him, it only seemed to fuel him more.

"I'm terribly tired to even argue with you Riddle but I'm an honest women so I'll accept whatever punishment you deem necessary for me." She simply said. She didn't like submitting but right now she didn't have the energy to argue with him, and if she wanted to get closer to him she had to get along with him.

 She didn't like submitting but right now she didn't have the energy to argue with him, and if she wanted to get closer to him she had to get along with him

One of Riddle's perfect brows arched. "That is very unlike you Granger?" He asked allowing a mocking smirk to grace his usual blank expression.

Hermione shook her head before standing up. "Excuse me." She said before leaving.

•••

Hermione followed down the marble steps and out of Hogwarts a couple steps behind Riddle. He lead the way to a burley looking grounds keeper on the lawn.

"Hello Seamus, Hermione here will be joining you tonight." He explained while the yellow tooth man looked Hermione up and down and gave her a perverted grin.

Hermione shuddered and consciously moved closer to Riddle.

"I'll take good car'a of her Tom." Seamus stated looking hungrily at Hermione.

Hermione turned to Riddle and gripped the sleeve of his cloak. "What are you doing? Don't touch me." He growled taking a step away.

Hermione looked up at him for the first time with pleading eyes. He gave her a bewildered expression. "Your not getting out of this Granger." He said mistaking Hermione's fear for not wanting to serve punishment, before walking off.

"Come on girl." Seamus said before walking towards the forest. Hermione sighed and wrapped her cloak tighter against herself earning a frown from Seamus.

They walked deeper into the forest, you could hear the distant calls of the dark creatures that call the forest their home. Hermione clenched her hand tighter around her wand and Seamus glanced back at her giving her a creepy look, Hermione was trying to decide whether or not to just run off and get as far away from the groundskeeper. She had a very bad feeling about the man, the way he looked at her sent chills down her spine. Her rumbled thoughts were interrupted by a rough voice next to her ear.

"Look ahead looks like we've found er unicorn!" Seamus exclaimed and pointed at a dead unicorn laying on its side, silvery blood oozing from a wound on it's side.

Before Hermione could realize what was happening she was pushed up against the tree next to her, Seamus had pinned her against it and was now looking down at her with lust. His breath smelled terrible and rancid and his hand snaked down to her chest inappropriately.

At that moment all Hermione could think about was getting free so when she called for help she wasn't thinking.

"Anyone help!!! TOM!!" Hermione yelled at the top of her lungs, squirming in Seamus's grasp. He clamped a disgusting hand over her mouth roughly muffling her cries.

"Yer boyfriend can't help you now girl!" He growled and tightened his grip on her neck. Hermione felt her vision blur as tears dropped down her face.

Oh god please someone please help me!

She heard rustling and then a familiar voice roar.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!"

Hermione sighed in utter relief as Seamus fell to the ground dead with a thud. She slid towards the ground and let a sob tear from her.

Her body shook as she realised what had happened she was nearly sexually assaulted.

She felt strong firm arms wrap around her and all she could think about was the first flicker of emotion flash across Tom's face.

Hello again! Well this is most likely going to be the last A/N you all will be getting from me...lucky you! Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please don't forget to vote or comment. May the strength of the ship Tomione be with you!

-Wings_Of_Fate