Chapter Eight

I woke up. I looked around, surrounded by darkness. I sat up, but couldn't. I was held...by Sam?

I tried to wiggle out of his grasp and he just grunted in his sleep.

"Sam-" I said and there was a crash. I jumped and Sam sat straight up.

"What? I'm up. I'm up," he said frantically.

"What was that?" I asked and sat further back into the bed, Sam's arm still wrapped tightly around me.

"I think it was downstairs," he said, "Let's go."

He stood up and pulled me up and pressed me hard against his chest. Tingles and shocks shot through my entire body. Rayne was purring with delight.

"Where are we going?" I asked and he laughed.

"To investigate," he said trying to sound like a detective, but failed miserably.

"But, but, but, what if they kill us," I whispered as he held my hand and we started to walk out of the room.

"I'll protect you, love," he said. We walked down the stairs and heard crying. We went a little faster and saw a little boy sitting in the kitchen. He looked no older than four.

I pulled my hand out of Sam's and walked over to the little boy.

"Watch out, there is-" Sam started to say and I stepped on something sharp, "glass."

I hissed and sat down by the boy, my foot was bleeding, but not too bad.

Sam rushed over to me and looked at it while I started to talk to the little boy.

"Hi, I'm Summer," I said and he looked up at me with tears flooding his big blue eyes.

"H-hi, Luna," he whispered.

"You got a name?" I asked and he giggled.

"Elliot," he whispered as if he was afraid anyone else would hear.

"Hi Elliot, what are you doing out of bed?" I asked and he looked at the floor.

"I w-wanted a co-cookie," he said, "Th-then the cup f-f-fell."

"It's okay, bud," I said and hugged him, "Are you hurt?"

He looked at himself and shook his head 'no'.

I got up and Sam was holding glass in his hands.

"I think I got it, but I'm gonna have to wrap your foot," he said and threw the glass away.

"Okay, I'll be in the living room with Elliot," I said and we stood up, I walked on the side of my foot so I didn't get blood everywhere.

I sat on the couch and Elliot curled up right next to me. I put my arm around him and he closed his eyes.

"Goodnight Elliot," I whispered and he mumbled a very poor 'goodnight'.

I closed my eyes and dosed off as well, oh well. Sleep is good.