Chapter Nine

"Why is she sleeping on the couch?" A whisper said.

"Is Alpha mad at her?" Another asked and I stirred.

"She is waking up," someone said and I opened my eyes.

A bunch of people were around me and I looked at them.

"Luna, why are you asleep on the couch?" A woman asked.

"I was-" I said and looked around. Where was Elliot?

"WHERE IS MY MATE?!?" I heard a growl rumble through the house. Sam ran down the stairs in nothing, but boxers. His eyes black and his muscles flexing with anger. He eased when he saw me.

"Why are you asleep on the couch?" He asked while walking over.

"Where is Elliot?" I asked.

"Who is Elliot?" Sam asked.

"That little boy from last night," I said and he looked confused.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"Elliot, the little boy who broke a glass," I explained and he still had confusion plastered on his face.

"Babe," he said sitting by me, "I can guarantee you that there is no child in this pack named Elliot."

"Yes there is!" I yelled and stood up, then immediately sat down wincing in pain.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked urgently.

"My foot," I whispered, "The glass pierced my foot!"

"What are you-" he started to say and then looked down at my foot. There was blood and glass.

"What is going on?" Sam asked.

"I told you! Elliot knocked the glass off the table and I stepped in the glass, then fell asleep on the couch!" I whisper-yelled.

"Well Summer, there is no pack member of any sort, by the name of Elliot," Sam said and looked at my foot.

"B-but," I started.

"Come on," he said and threw me over his shoulder.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Up to our room, we need to talk," he said.

"Umm," I mumbled and we walked into his room. He gently set me on the bed and went to the bathroom. He came back with a first aid kit, then started to clean the blood off me and wrap my foot.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"It's fine, it doesn't really hurt anymore," I added.

"Not that...I want to apologize for listening to that girl and running off," he said quietly, not making eye contact.

"It's okay," I said and rubbed his arm.

"Why do you say it's okay? It is not okay," he said and looked into my eyes. His eyes were glossy and full of sadness. It made Rayne and I sad.

"False sense of security, I don't know," I mumbled.

"Darling, I hope you know, I'm going to kill all of those dirty mutts who hurt you," he said with a slight growl.

"B-b-but," I stuttered.

"No buts," he said and pulled me into a big bear hug.

His eyes were still glossy, "Don't worry, Summer. I will save you."

Did I just make the big bad Alpha cry??