Never Looking Back

Summer had been riding for two days with no sign of another human. As much as she liked being by herself in the woods she really did want to take a bath that wasn't in a river. There was a big cracks that came out of nowhere. The horse stopped abruptly. Summer looked around and noticed that the horse was moving its ears to get a better idea of what was out there.

Suddenly two men stepped out in front of them.

"Who do we got here?" The man on the right asked the guy to the left.

"Well I'd say we got our selves a run away." He said before spitting on the ground.

"What do you want?" Summer asked impatient.

"Just wondering why such a young girl would be in the enchanted forest without an escort of some kind?" He said with a sneer.

"That would be non of your business." She gave a slit kick to her horse but the man on the left walked out in front of it to stop it.

"You're not goin anywhere." He said while trying to grab the loose part of the reins. But before he could Summer unsheathed the sword and pointed it at him.

"Whoa. Hey don't want any trouble." He said while walking a few steps backwards.

"What are you names?" She demanded.

"Names Hood, Robin Hood,"Said the guy on the right,"and this is little John." He said guestering to the guy on the left.

"Well Robin, I have some one to look for so if you'll kindly let me pass there will be no trouble." She said trying not to look to much like a scared little girl.

"Who might you be lookin fur?" John asked.

"Non of your concern. Again please let me pass." She was now trying with all her might to be polite. Robin could tell that she was wanting to leave but he knew that she wouldn't last a couple more hours in the forest for there were worse bandits out there.

"May we be of assistance? There is worse out there that won't be so what's the word? Oh ya! Gentle." He said while bowing slightly. Summer knew he was telling the truth so she decided to accept his help.

"Yes you may. But first I want to set some rules," Summer wasn't one that liked rules very much but she needed some," first is the you will not touch me unless my life is in danger and you will not know my real name." She said while straightening her position in the saddle.

"Then what shall we call you?" John asked while scratching his head. She thought of the secret names the tinker and her had come up with when they were younger.

"You shall call me Thalia." She said while sheathing her sword.

"Well Thalia, it is nice to meet you. Will you join us tonight night is coming and that's the time not to be out." He said while holding out his hand for permission to grab the reins. Summer nodded and let him take the reins. Now that she thought about it she was really lucky that she didn't slow down last night for she could have had a much worse fate than what she would have if Robin and John were with her.

Robin led the her into the forest going of the trail. She wondered why such a man would be living in the forest and not in a town with a woman. Robin could tell that she was unsure of him but she was desperate enough to look past the a little. When the arrives at the small camp site that had a couple of tents and at the least ten more men sat around a fare sized fire while roasting what looked like some kind of bird.