Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight
                                    ~~~~~ Alex - Lunch with a beautiful girl ~~~~~

The restaurant was beautiful. The Chinese culture was seen in every detail. The red tables were elegantly arranged as well as the booths. The room was dark red with beautiful lights on the walls. Everyone was eating and having pleasant conversations.

The waitress guided us to our table. She was tall and had long black hair. She was very friendly and polite.

"What would you like to drink?" she asked as we took our seats. Her name was unpronounceable. She had her pad and a pen in hand waiting for our orders. Kylie ordered Pepsi while I ordered Mt Dew.

"Coming right up, you enjoy your lunch." the waitress gave me warm smile and left to get our drinks.

My stomach made its loudest protest ever. I groaned both in pain and embarrassment. The smell was incredible and was killing me.

"Alexandria Santiago, just listen to your stomach and go grab some food." Kylie tried not to laugh but ended up laughing when I literally bolted to the buffet without another word. I didn't need to be told twice.

I got two plates and started to fill them both. The first plate was a salad. I didn't go overboard, just your simple salad. The second plate was a different story. This plate was filled with every type of chicken available, some very good looking shrimp, some rice, and many other things that looked appetizing.

It didn't really help that I had that voice in my head yelling at me to grab this and that. 'Shut up.'
I had lost Kylie a few moments ago, so I went to sit on our table to wait for her. Our drinks were already there waiting for us.

She arrived a minute later with a plate of salad. Her eyes got wide when she saw my plates. She sat down and started eating her salad.

I unrolled my fork and put the napkin on my lap. I got my fork and started to wrap some pasta on it. I was stopped when I was about to eat it.

'Alexandria Santiago!' what! 'Forgetting something?'

I quickly caught myself and put the fork down. I closed my eyes and put my hands together.

"Forgive me father for I will sin. You see, I'm hungry and this food was just there waiting to be eaten. It would be a bigger sin to let it go to waste." I opened one eye and looked at the food. "Oh God have I told you lately that I love you? ‘Cause I'm about to worship you by eating this food." I hear Kylie laughing and just now notice that I was praying out loud.

Hey! Why didn't you say something? 'I can't think straight, just finish your prayer and give me some food!' When it comes to kylie, who can?

"Amen!" I say and once and for all eat the food in front of me. No conversation was started. Kylie eats silently while I eat everything edible that is in front of me. Once in a while I would pause and drink my soda but soon continued eating.

'You're eating like a pig.' dude I'm feeding you. Does it really matter how I'm eating right now? 'Yes because Kylie is right there in front of you!'

Once again I drop my fork and cuss myself out. Kylie simply chuckles and wipes her lips with a napkin.

'I hate that napkin.' why? 'Cause it can touch her lips.'

She had a different plate. 'When did she leave?' I have no idea since I was too busy feeding you.

"I’m so sorry." Was all I said. I look down on my plate and notice that both plates are completely clean. My eyes get wide when realizing that I just eat all the food.