33

Ruby: Lukje

Ruby: hallucinations new use

Luke: Happy new year your drunk

Ruby: nooooookooo

Ruby: I've only hsd 8shofs

Luke: I took 10

Ruby: #rleationshipgosls

Ruby: its 4am iwshould sleep

Luke: Ifs 1am here haahha punk

Luke: facistme me

Ruby: HWAT

Luke: *Facetime me

Within a few rings, Luke picked up the phone and lazily held it in front of his face. I stared at his disheveled blonde hair and droopy eyes, feeling the most subtle desire to cuddle up against him and feel the warmth of his exhausted body. I wondered what that would really be like: wrapped up in blankets with him, smelling the combination of liquor and cologne on his skin and hearing his comforting words in person.

Holy drunk, Ruby, what the fuck are you doing?

"Princess, you look goooooood," he slurred, soaking up the image of me displayed on his phone.

I blushed, burying myself beneath the covers on my bed. We both stared at each other for a few brief moments, giggling every now and then at the sheer ridiculousness of the situation.

"Did you go to a party?" I asked, biting down on my lip in a failed attempt to look seductive.

He shook his head. "Nah, I stayed in with the boys and drank - drunk? - no, drank. Did you?"

"Yeahhhh my parents threw a, um, party thing with lots and lots and lots of people. I may or may not have met a guyyy," I sang, speaking slowly to make sure I didn't stumble on my words.

Luke frowned dramatically, shifting so he was sitting upright. His free hand anxiously fiddled with the unruly tufts of hair that he couldn't seem to keep in place. "A guy? Was he cuter than me?"

"Mmmm, no, but he was cute. He wanted to bang; I could see it in his thirsty, beady eyes."

"Did he kiss you?"

I snorted rather unattractively, hiding my embarrassment with a nearby pillow. "He sure as hell tried. But I was like, 'Yo, slow down sir, you're not Luke Hemmings.' And he backed off."

"Why didn't you let him kiss you Ruby?" Luke asked, suddenly turning serious. He almost seemed to sober up on the spot, intrigued by the story I was drunkenly trying to explain.

I pursed my chapped lips to one side, looking away from my tiny reflection on the screen of my dying phone. "Hmm, I don't know. I was so ready to get laid tonight. Look, I even wore a cute bra!" I lifted the corner of my shirt to reveal the lacy blue bra I'd put on specifically in case I'd gotten lucky tonight, happily glancing at Luke to see his reaction.

"Ruby," he chuckled, "put your shirt down babe."

"You don't like it?"

"I didn't say that."

"You're drunk."

Luke sighed, moving again to lay on his side. One of his arms supported his head as he admired my sweaty, idiotic, sleepy state. "I'm absolutely intoxicated on the thought of you."

I grinned childishly, covering my wide smile with my hand. "You're cute."

"And you're perfect."

We fell silent for a few seconds; he hummed quietly as I struggled to wrangle feelings of very urgent nausea. I traced patterns onto the skin of my stomach, exposed from when I'd lifted my shirt one minute prior.

"Luke."

"Hmm?"

I inhaled, giggling as I recalled the words on my tongue. "Do you want to have sex with me?"

He choked on his own breath, throwing himself into a brief coughing fit. "What?!"

I rolled my eyes as if it had been the most casual question an emotionally confused, wasted teenage girl could ask at four in the morning while on FaceTime with a boy she's never actually met. "When we see each other in February, were you planning on having sex with me?"

Luke laughed. "Ruby, I'll do whatever you want to do."

"That doesn't answer my question," I groaned.

I pretended to examine the chipped nail polish coating my fingernails, frustrated with how hard Luke was thinking about this. He furrowed his brows and gnawed on his lip ring as he pondered his answer.

"I don't know, Princess. I didn't think about it."

"Oh, bullshit!"

"Look, Ruby, if that's what you want to do, I'd be more than happy to have that experience with you. However, if that's not what you want, that's just fine. I love you more than I love anyone in the whole world. I'd do anything for you and I'd do anything with you. All I want to do is make you happy."

We blinked at each other, never daring to break the tension that had settled between us like a suffocating blanket.

"I'm dizzy and drunk but I love you, Luke Hemmings. I know that for sure," I slurred, mentally noting how drunk I'd gotten on eight shots.

He smiled softly. "I love you too, Princess. You need some sleep, though. It's almost five."

"Sleep is for the weak."

"Sure, but you need to sleep. Like, right now."

I groaned, reluctantly turning off the lamp on my bedside table. "Whatever, Dad."

He blew me a kiss, smirking as I glared at him. "Goodnight, beautiful. Sleep well."

"Goodnight, punk. Love you."

"I love you more."

The call ended and I drifted to sleep almost immediately. However, I discovered two text messages upon waking up the following morning, which made me smile despite my severe hangover.

Luke: Drink lots of water and take something for your headache. Throw up if you need to but if you're throwing up excessively you should talk to your parents about it. Also, eat something.

Luke: Oh, and I love you more than you could ever imagine

* * *

not at all how I wanted this to turn out. I'm so disappointed in myself

I'm very sick and I've been going through some shit recently so I'm sorry for the crappy quality of this chapter. I haven't been feeling like myself lately (does that make sense?). also i might skip my Thursday update. Thursday is going to be a super insane day for me and I just don't think I can do it. I would never deprive you guys of an update but I just don't think I'll be able to get a decent chapter posted. sorry for the inconvenience, I love you guys

any ideas for what should happen next?

have a terrific day/night :-)