Business

^cover made by one of my majestic readers, sweghlife

***

"Hey! I know you can freaking hear me!" I shout again, a little bit louder this time, waving my hand above my head, to be seen from behind the mountain men blocking my path.

"What are you doing here, Elena?" Leo said, with exasperation in his voice.

"Hey there Leo, would you mind telling these young men to let me pass?" I asked sweetly, faking an innocent smile.

Mr Gaspari nodded, intrigued, making the men move aside.

"Oh... Thanks boys" I say, sitting beside a very annoyed Leo.

He obviously doesn't like me being here.

But he'll get over it soon.

I think.

"Who might you be,love?" Gaspari asked, suddenly making me his subject of interest.

"I'm.. Well, her. " I start, looking at Sarah. "Or at least who you've thought she was."

Gaspari loosened his grip on the gun he was pointing at Sarah, then slowly returned it to its place in his coat.

"And what do you want?"

"You to let her go, if possible." I said simply, as if I was telling him the time.

Sarah looked at me hopefully, begging me with her eyes to succeed.

"And why would I do that?"

"Because if you let her go, this gentle man here will have to escort her and I, the true 'target' or whatever will be left here, with you, giving you back the advantage. A good deal, don't you think Mr Gaspari?" I offer, air-quoting, trying to convince him.

He smiled at me like a boy on the first summer day and started laughing, offering me a hand to shake.

I smiled and outstretched my arm, only to be stopped by a very furious Leo.

"Are you crazy? You don't know this man or what he's capable of!"

"I can imagine pretty well, I've read enough Mafia related books to have a good idea of what he's capable of. I know what I'm doing. Trust me." I said, looking him straight into his eyes, showing my resolve.

"You're crazy." He whispered, closing his eyes in resignation. "You know Boss will roast me for this a very long time,right?"

"I'll buy you an ice cream later,ok? " I try, smiling guiltily.

He puffed and shook his head in disbelief, getting up.

I shook hands with Mr Gaspari and just as I was about to retrieve my hand, he held it a little firmer, bringing it to his lips, placing a small kiss on one of my knuckles, smiling sheepishly down at me.

"And it's Silvio. You can drop the 'mr'."

Creepy uncle spotted.

I nodded and smiled, not knowing what to say to that.

"Be careful" Leo said my way, before leaving the premises with Sarah besides him.

I looked at his back a little bit longer, then pointed my gaze at Silvio Gaspari, getting down to business.

"Let's cut the chase, shall we?" I say, casually leaning back into the soft cushion of the sofa I was on.

Silvio seemed surprised, pleasantly. He grinned and signed to one of his men , which came with two glasses and a bottle of whiskey.

"I like you. Straight forward, fearless and and with an attitude. You don't meet such women these days. They've become extremely domesticated." He sighed melancholically, taking a glass."A drink?"

"Sure" I said, eyeing the bottle.

Good stuff.

And rejecting his offer would be impolite... and stuff, you know?

I think that what Olivia said was true. I really am too easy going for my own good.

I take the glass and swirl the liquid around, finally taking a sip.

"You don't seem to be one of the common kidnappers. Not one of those that kidnap for money at least." I start, waiting for some kind of response.

When he just assessed me over the rim of his glass, I cleared my throat and sipped again.

"Am I right?"

"Yes you are,love" he said, pleased.

Pleased with what?

I don't have a clue.

"And the way you carry yourself and the things you drink don't show a lack of money, thing that makes me think that the money was just a bonus in all this exchange."

"Good job Sherlock,do you need a Watson?" He praised me, now smiling slyly towards me.

But I must admit, that was a good pick-up line.

"No need. Now, you also seem to be acquainted to Dante, is that correct?"

"Uh-huh."

"So you don't want money, nor information, you want to mess with Dante."

"Very well done! Sharp!" He said excitedly, entertained by my deductions.

"How about this:I give you my number and you can call me for one meeting/date/whatever you want to call it and I will come willingly. And as I have been deliberately running from him, me going to you willingly would upset him,at least. That is sure to mess with his head correct? " I bargain, feeling cold sweat going down my back.

I'm not as fearless as I thought,it seems.

And I'm a lot more of an asshole than I thought.

"And if you're wondering whether I will keep my word or not,I will. I am not the kind of person to do such things and I'm sure that you'll find a way to force me if I happen to back out...which I will not do."I rambled, trying to end this quickly, the nerves getting to me.

"And I get to call you whenever?" He asks, already seeming convinced.

"Well...I'm a busy person, but we'll schedule a meeting on the first occasion." I say, uneasy. I really am playing with fire here and every instinct is telling my body to get up and run, but my slightly(and I must accentuate, slightly) more clever mind is keeping it from doing so, as I would most likely end up being shot.

"Glad to be doing bussiness with you Ms. Elena"

"Likewise." I say, taking out my phone.