Chapter 1

--Max--

I was in science. I hated it. Pure torture. The only thing that even made me get up early and come to school was Lucas.

Yes, my best friend Lucas. He had beautiful wavy brown hair and brown eyes and he was so funny and cu-

No stop. It's wrong to like your best friend max.

But he's so flawle-

Zip it fag.

I continued my work ignoring the devil in my head. It was only second period and I already wanted to go home, but I also wanted to see Lucas. We had gym together next period and I loved to stare at him in the locker room. It's the highlight of my day.

Im not weird. It's completely normal.

-

I walked through the crowded eighth grade hallway. People were pushing and shoving everywhere. Lucas somehow caught up with me and we walked together to the other side of the school to get to the locker rooms.

"Are you okay. You look kind of down." Lucas asked me.

"Just tired" I lied.

"Okay." Lucas said. He caught my lie but chose to let me be.

Good choice.

We stepped into the locker rooms and were immediately greeted my the strong smell of axe and sweat mixed together creating a smell that would put skunks to shame.

We put our things in our lockers and stripped. I was openly staring at Lucas but he obviously didn't notice, and if the other guys did, they didn't say anything.

I quickly changed into the annoying gym clothes.

"Did you know Chloe likes you?" Lucas said as we walked out of the locker room with the rest of the boys.

"Ew. She's a bitch."

He smiled. "Are you sure." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Yes." I was 110% sure. You know why? Because I liked Lucas and blonde isn't my type.

Lucas is.

The stupid voice needed to shut the hell up, even if it spoke the truth.

-

--Lucas--

F=ma

"Why the heck are we doing math in science." I complained. I already had enough on my mind.

Things like... Max.

I need to get over it. It's never gonna happen.

Bella the biggest slut in our grade laughed.

Haha. No. Fuck you.

"Hey. Loosen up, you look angry." Morgan, one of my friends said.

"Sorry I just- ughh." I slammed my head onto the desk. I was normally the happy jokester that everyone loved but today was different.