Chapter 28

Jonathan's POV~

I held a tight grip on the handle of the bag. This bag contains a few important things for Mr. Freeze and Jackie. Jackie...

"C'mon bag of bones!" The Joker laughs, gripping onto my arm. He drags me along into his van. Bang! Bang!

Did I mention we're being shot at?

A bullet flies next to my face as we jump in. Harley slams on the gas pedal and speeds us out of the market. Amidst the chaos, there is no supreme ruler. That has remained undecided. The only organized groups would be:

A) Bat Squad: A group of rascals that search for members of the "Bat Family" as my dear calls them

B) Gangs: Groups of hooligans that increase the already huge amount of crime

C) Suicide Squad: Yes, they still operate.. Although the people who control them are missing.

D) Enforcers: People who stop everything from getting too crazy..

And lastly, Traders. They're found in markets, which is exactly how I got anything at all. I peer into the contents of the bag. Soon it'll be 9 months.. So soon..

"Here's our stop!" Harley says happily. She opens the door and slams it shut along with the Joker and I.

Once we approach the door we can already feel the intensity of the cold. I knock on the door slowly, 3 times. Our signal of true company. Victor slowly opens the door and examines us before opening it fully.

"Welcome, come on in," He says warmly to the 3 of us. I thank him, then we all walk in and take a seat

"How was your trip here? Quite hasty I assume?" Victor asks.

"Quite the contrary, Victor, it wasn't too hasty. On our departure from the market however, yes," I reply. Victor's eyes narrow.

"The people here need to show respect. No leader or not, they need to respect us.. "elders" I should say?" He says.

"Elders?! More like the top dogs or... the pro's" Harley pouted. She has a point, some of us aren't that old. Just.. more advanced. The Joker agrees with Harley.

"Well, back to what we came here for," I say handing Victor the bag.

"Thank you, Jonathan," he says appreciatory while taking it. He pulls a few of the contents out:

-Some gloves

-Surgical tools

-Tools to help the baby

-Food, for him, along with one favor as a way of thanks.

He looks at them approvingly.

"I have the rest of the things I need as you know. Everything looks to be here," Victor says with a small smile to himself. He holds out his hand and I shake it. "You can leave them in my hands when the day comes, Jonathan." I nod in agreement.

"Harleen, Joker, thank you for taking the time to help," Victor says to them.

"Sure thang!" Harley grins.

"Not a problem at all, Santa!" Joker grins. With that settled, we take off and I get dropped off to my home.

"Thanks again you two!" I call out to them. They honk in reply. I chuckle and make my way into our home to see my wife. She's in the living room with Jarvis, as always. They're drinking tea. Jackie's managed to sit criss cross on the sofa reading. While Jarvis is smiling away watching the action movie of Alice In Wonderland. Despite the movie changes, he does enjoy it.

"Jackeline," I say softly. She lifts her head and I notice something quite sweet. Her eyes lit up at the mere sound of my voice.

"Jonathan," she smiles. Jackie carefully gets up and takes quick little steps to me. I embrace her, taking in a whiff of her soft, long black hair. A musky smell.. Oakwood, sage, and lavender. I smile gently and release her.

"Welcome back buddy!" Jarvis grins from ear to ear.

"Welcome back," Jackie whispers softly.