The Werewolf and the Dragon

"Hope!" Kry cried out while trying to jump from the roof to attempt to catch the falling dragon girl from the sky. Kry saw everything from the moment that the Black Dragon appeared out of thin air and then just blew up a stench of black fire and Hope took a direct hit from it. He tried to fly, but his wings were damaged from the battle, he took out earlier. He wasn't able to calculate everything correctly because his enemies were skilled enough to take a winged race before them.

Kry was still looking at Hope's falling body. He saw a flash from Hope and he noticed that the dragon girl returned from being a dragon in her petite form. Kry panicked because Hope's constitution was small and a fall from that height will surely be a demise of her. So Kry requested a backup from the people in the room where Alex and Thirdy keep everyone informed on what is happening. But the link was dead and the only people that he could connect were the people who were from the village who was either already running to Hope or is still engaged with the enemies.

"Is Hope ok?" Erwin asked Kry who was also engaged on another enemy with Kyler. They seem to be having trouble with all the new humans and demons working together.

"I don't know yet, but there is someone near her falling point. We just have to meet there." Kyler replied to Erwin and the connection was withdrawn from their mind. Kry found it odd since the ones who keeps the mental link from the team was Alex and Thirdy since they are the ones who has the ability.

Kry looked at where the black dragon is and it is still standing up in the same position. He was not sure where the eyes are looking at but he was sure that the dragon was not still acting up. If it did, they would be in deep trouble.

Hope's body had been already near the buildings and a moment later, someone already saved her. Much to the relief of Kry.

Kry was able to catch up a moment later and found out that it was Rafaeil, who was the one who saved Hope. "Thank you so much for saving her." Kry despite being in a panic tried to hide it by composing himself and acting like a gentleman who gestured himself to thank the werecat.

"It's only natural to help a friend right?" Rafaeil smiled which also made Kry smile in return and put their attention to Hope's burning body. "But, man, this is bad, I can feel a curse in these wounds." Rafaeil's face became dark and tried to look at the wounds, but dared not to touch them.

"What do you mean cursed?" Kry asked the kid in front of him. He was about to touch the burns in Hope's arm when Rafaeil slaps the hands away. Much to the surprise of Kry.

"Don't touch the wounds, the curse will spread out to you," Rafaeil noted the putrid smell coming from the burns as well as the smoked part of Hope. Hope's body has spotted burns that ooze with a reddish black in color. Usually, even if burned, the burned area will appear red first, before it turns into black. But in the case of Hope, there is a mixture of black and red burns on each area. "This curse. I saw the likes of this before." Rafaeil remembered something from his past. "But I am not sure because the past I am saying was not mine or of this body. I don't know for sure." Rafaeil was troubled by the thought, so he looked at Kry who seems to understand him.

"Just tell me what you know and we'll do something about this." Kry calmly said to him. The werecat nodded.

"This is a curse from one of the mightiest fire demons the realms once had. And the one who brought down this demon was a dragon rider by the name of Lance Banaugh." By hearing the name Lance, Kry seemed to remember one of his teachers. He also has the name of Lance, he then wondered if they had a connection with each other. But it was not an important part right now. Kry looked at Rafaeil and asked him to continue, "And Lance has a special spell that can counter curses from demons like that. But, no one knew the spell, except him and the Dragons. But as you can see, there are no full blood dragons here anymore. Except for the High Queen Myrrh of course."

After Rafaeil finished his story, AmLorr and X came into the group. AmLorr hurriedly shifted from her pixie form into a human sized fairy and quickly brought out her energy and enveloped Hope in a casing of Water. "Did any of you boys touch the burns?" the two shook their heads. "Good, because it would be trouble if you did."

"How'd you know about the curse?" Rafaeil asked AmLorr.

"How many years do you think I actually lived, huh?" AmLorr just said in a grumpy note. Rafaeil just laughed awkwardly and remembered that girls, especially AmLorr don't want to talk about age. "But seriously, I thought that I wouldn't encounter this curse in my remaining lifetime," She said seriously as she continuously cast a series of spells just to provide first aid to Hope.

Kry looked up to X who was bloody all over. For some reason, it made him uncomfortable. He was still afraid of him, yes, but there is something different from X. As if, he was about to change to the side. But he was not still sure about it.

"Don't worry, I will not change sides." cry was surprised that X was able to know what he was thinking. "And no, I can't read minds, but I can feel the anxiety of every living being in my skin." X walked away trying to secure the perimeter around Hope. He can still hear that there are battles happening everywhere. But he was mostly concerned about Thirdy and Alex. They are not, after all, heavy fighters. They are most suited for planning and strategy for battles.

*

"You, you're Ean, right? What happened to you?" Thirdy was heavily wounded while Alex was out of commission on the corner of the room. They were suddenly attacked by two unidentified people earlier, while not being aware of it. Alex was the one who took almost all the damage from the dragon folks spell that was supposed to kill Thirdy.

Thirdy was looking at a pale man in front of him who was in a shifted form, but while regaining a human look. He has raven black fur around his body and menacing eyes of light cerulean color. He was just smiling wryly. Ean's body was well formed with scars from around the whole torso, and some from scars from his thighs down to his feet.

"Move over." The dragon-folk man with the same pale skin color, but a more prominent feature, as well as deeper raven black of color, tried to cast another spell. He also had the same cerulean eye color. That feels evil. Even though Thirdy cannot distinguish colors from his new eyes, he knew, just from the voice and choice of words of the two, that they mean something bad.

"Ean, what happened to you?" Thirdy's voice was shaking with fear, he cannot fight in a confined space and he surely knows that he cannot defeat the two men in front of him. So he tried to make a mental connection with the nearest person from him, but to no avail, there was someone who keeps the link from connecting.

"I changed." Ean said, and as soon as he said those words, a small dog like demon rushed towards the room, but as soon it passed Ean, the werewolf grabbed the demon and snapped its neck and began eating the dog. Very much to the shock of Thirdy who can see the lines of the demon being ripped apart.

They waited for Ean to finish eating, as soon as he cleans up the blood on his mouth, he turned to Thirdy whose expression cannot figure out what was happening. "I change Mr. Elf." Ean smiled evilly.

"Well, to state a fact. Everything change. A man changes after losing what he holds dear." And Ean looked at Thirdy in the eyes, which were still patched with a white cloth. But he knows that the elf could still see them. "Now, who shall I eat next?" And Ean walked to the petrified Thirdy into the room and hold the chin of the elf and spreading the demon's blood on it. Ean moved his face close to the face of Thirdy and smiled lustily and greedily. "You?"