18.

Anakin spread the last bit of sand over his mothers body. Cliegg began to speak on his wife's behalf. Telling of how beautiful she was and how sad he is that shes gone. The 5 of us were silent, mourning.

I never knew his mother, but from what Anakin has told me, and what Cliegg has said, we have truly lost an angel.

Anakin began to speak now. His face wiped of emotion as he talked to his mother. He got on his knees, desperately in front of her grave. It was quiet but I could hear him.

"I couldn't save you, Mom. I wasn't strong enough. But I promise, I won't fail again." He said, "I miss you so much. I'm sorry." He shuddered as the wind blew past with a bit of sand mixed in.

We had a moment of silence before R2 rolled up, beeping frantically.

"What's the matter, R2?" I asked, quietly, trying to be as respectful as possible. He beeped at me slower to tell me the urgent news.

"It appears he has an urgent message from an Obi-Wan Kenobi, is that name of some importance to you two? Master Ani?" C-3PO translated for us, at the sound of his masters name Anakin turned around to face us.

"Let's take this to the ship." Anakin guided the both of us onto the ship, looking far more determined than before.

"Obi-Wan was trying to contact us? Why did you not send for me right away?" Anakin asked the little droid. The droid beeped back at him,

"If it's ever Obi-Wan or the council always come for me." Anakin scolded the droid. The droid beeped sadly back to him, "It's okay R2, just show us the message now."

"Anakin? Anakin, my long range transmitter has been knocked out, retransmit this message to Coruscant." Obi-Wan says through the hologram, before Anakin can even tell me I press the couple of buttons to send the message to Coruscant.

"I have tracked the bounty hunter, Jango Fett, to the droid factories in Geonosis." Obi-Wan starts as the Council tunes in, "The trade federation is to take delivery a droid army here. And it has become clear that Viceroy Gunray is the one in charge of the assassination attempts on Senator Amidala and our own Young (Y/N). No threat was seemed to be made of my Padawan." Anakin grabs my shoulder then, squeezing it tightly, I let him. "The counterparts of the Corporate Alliance have both pledged their army to Count Dooku to form a..." He stops and stares off to the left of him, "Wait.. Wait!" He unsheathes his lightsaber and becomes deflecting shots at him and steps away from the transmitters view, which shifts to a destroyer droid, then cuts out.

Master Windu and Master Yoda then appear from the Temple.

"More happening on Geonosis than we once thought." Yoda states.

"I'm afraid so." Windu nodded then turned to us, "Anakin, we will deal with Count Dooku. The most important thing is for you both to stay where you are. Protect (Y/N), we believe the threat is still eminent. That is your first priority." I roll my eyes at that, I can handle myself, then Windu turns to me and gives me that look I know too well that just says not to do anything stupid, "May the Force be with both of you."

"This is ridiculous, they're not going to be able to get there in time." I say when the connection is finished. "Look, Coruscant is half the galaxy away from Geonosis. And we're just half a parsec away from it-"

"(Y/N), stop we're not going." He stops me from turning on the map,

"But-" I start but he holds his hand up,

"He's probably not even alive, it's not worth the risk. Plus you heard Master Windu-" Anakin starts but now it's my turn to cut him off.

"Anakin, you can't just let him die? Not now, when he's so close. He's your Master, you won't forgive yourself if-" I tried to persuade him,

"What do you know?" He blew up, as soon as he did he calmed down again. Realizing who he was talking too again. Remembering my own experience in losing masters. "I'm sorry (Y/N), I didn't mean to be so-"

"It's okay, Anakin." I say. Feeling rather uncomfortable, although the comment hurt I understand it. He was frustrated, emotions are normal to have.

"He's the closest thing I have to a father," he said much softer now, "but you heard Master Windu, he gave us strict orders to stay here. The Council will handle it." I nodded until I remembered the said orders.

"He gave you strict orders to protect me, and I'm going to Geonosis." I sat down in the cockpit, starting the ship. "If you want to follow orders you'll just have to join me." I gave him a glance over my shoulder. His eyes changed from helpless to hopeful. He smiled.

He sat next to me, he didn't agree or protest. Only sat silently in awe of my ability of finding the loophole of the situation. I knew this was something I had to do. For the loss of my own master I couldn't allow another Jedi, especially one as well regarded as Master Kenobi, to be killed. With our mysteriously dwindling numbers we don't have time to wait.

Lifting off and escaping to the sky I flew our ship through the sky. Finding ease in the clouds. I looked at Anakin, who was already staring at me. I knew part of my reason to go help was because of him. I felt the need to help prevent another death in his life. His mother, possibly the woman he loves (Padmé), and now Master Kenobi? It would be more than enough to drive anyone mad. I looked at him again. His head hung.

"What is it?" I asked,

"I'm sorry for how I acted in the sand people village." He muttered.

"That kind of hurt is enough to drive any human mad." I said to try and help.

"But I'm not just a human." He said, "I'm a Jedi. I know I'm better than this."

"As much as we'd like to believe we're better than normal, we really aren't. We're still human, Master Unduli taught me that our feelings are normal. Human mistakes are important for us to learn from." I shared, "The important thing is you know what you did wasn't good, that you'll be wise enough not to do it again." The last was a quote of Master Unduli.

"I will never do something like that again." He repeated. I didn't need to say anything. We sat there in a contemplative silence. He reached over to rub the back of my free hand, which I allowed.

"I know you won't. I trust you." I said. I gave him a weak smile. We sat there in silence now over the sound of the humming ship changing the atmosphere. I did trust him. As a skillful Jedi and as a friend.

"R2, prepare the ship for hyperspace." I told R2, which was received with beeps. Taking the jump to hyperspace, we were off to Geonosis.