Chapter 1: Sleeping with the enemy Pt. 1

I took a deep breath staring at those huge glass doors that were in front of me. A big smile drew across my face with the memories of so many adventures I've had in that place, some more pleasing than others. My life had truly changed the minute I put a foot inside that privileged institution, and I wasn't expecting to be tearful and anxious to come back the second I put one foot out of it. Three months later here I was, ready for another year full of fun and of course... trouble.

I walked down the hallways thanking God my locker was closer to the exit this time. It was hell back then to cross the entire school to get out of there. Alright, alright. I do have more than one reason to be thankful for my locker situation. Maybe I'll tell you about that later.

I was busy trying to get my books out of my locker when two pair of arms wrapped around my torso and almost lifted me from the ground. I barely had time to turn around that I was trapped in a bone crushing hug. Jesus girls, air!!

-Valerie, dammit! You're squeezing my guts out, I said trying to split out a little from the hug but not too much. I've missed them like hell.

-Sorry, sorry. Although you kinda deserve it for missing our sleep over before class, Valerie said posing her accusingly look over my sheepish self.

-Sorry girls, I owe you big time for that. My plane arrived just this morning. I barely had time to sleep, I yawned as we started to walk those familiar hallways.

-For Pete's sake Jessie, you didn't have to disappear the entire summer, Jazz said while rolling her eyes at me.

-You both know well what happened, I grumbled at the thought of having to repeat that nasty story.

-Yes, we know what you told us. What we cannot do is understand what the hell went down between the two of you, Vals said while keeping her look forwards.

Story time. After a fairy tail ending with Jason I was out of town due to my summer vacations with my parents. Usually we spend the entire summer in our cabin in Argentina doing snowboard and stuff. I've never felt the need to come back, but this time I did. I couldn't wait to come back and kiss Jason, and hug him, and watch movies with him... but when I came back for a week break he seemed off. I kept asking him what was wrong but he insisted nothing was wrong. I obviously started thinking the worst and came to the conclusion he was still in love with Kat or worse... that he was cheating.

-But Jess! Jason would never do that and he never said a word about Kat to us, Jazz reminded me and I sighed in annoyance.

-I know Jason like the palm of my hand Jazz. Something was up and he wouldn't tell me. After that it was all fights and fights and I just couldn't take it anymore. We're cool though. We still believe it's best for us to be just friends.

My friends shrugged their shoulders in surrender. Jason and I knew what we were doing, and I was way more comfortable with him just being my friends. I was, really!

-You nervous?, Valerie asked me as we stood in front of a bunch of computers waiting for us to register.

You see, every year the first day of school you register in the computer and it prints all the classes you have, maps of the school, books list and of course your schedule with your tutor. The big question was: was I going to get Paul again? If not, then who?

-Relax Jess. I'm sure you're gonna get him, Jazz stroked my shoulders as I typed my information in the computer.

Everybody knows just how special Paul is for me. He's the best guardian ever and it'd break my heart in two not to have him as my tutor this year. Please, please, let it be him...