chapter four

Jordan leans against the hood of Jenna's car. Matt, Stefan, Elena and Jeremy are all inside the police station, being interrogated by Sheriff Forbes. Jordan would have been there with them, but Sheriff Forbes thought that with her being just back in town, she wouldn't know anything important anyway. Jordan wishes that was true. Jordan isn't specifically afraid of vampires, or other supernatural beings, she is just afraid of the harm that is bound to nestle itself in her family.

Stefan is the first to come out of the police station. His muscles are tense and wrinkles begin to form on his forehead. He looks like he's deep in thought, and that's also why he almost jumps when Jordan taps his shoulder.

"You okay?" she asks.

Stefan shrugs his shoulders. He himself doesn't exactly know is he's okay or not.

"A little birdie told me someone's is getting 162 years old," Jordan grins trying to cheer up Stefan.

Stefan groans as he buries his face in his hands. "Who told you?"

"I have my way," Jordan grins mysteriously. "It's not everyday that someone turns one-hundred and sixty two years old, are you planning on doing something?"

Stefan chuckles at how much she reminds him of his best friend Lexi. "I wasn't planning on doing anything, but my best friend came to town and she's a bit of a party animal," he says and his mind wanders to all the crazy, fun memories he has with Lexi. "Knowing Lexi, she is going to push me into something fun, but also something I'm definitely going to regret. She thinks I'm to broody,"

"She sounds fun," Jordan states excited before adding, "and Stefan, you are a bit broody sometimes, you have to just let go of your worries and enjoy the time you have with your best friend."

Stefan's muscle have relaxed throughout their conversation, and there has even sparked a little excitement inside him, "Thank you," he tells Jordan.

"Don't mention it," she smiles.

Jordan and Stefan stand next to each other peacefully for another few minutes before Jeremy, Matt and Elena come storming out the police station. You can feel the negativity radiating off of them.

"You okay Matt?" Jordan whispers.

Matt ignores her and stomps past Jordan and Stefan angrily. Jordan sighs deeply as her eyes follow Matt. He's hurting and he needs his space, but Jordan wants nothing more than to rush over to him and comfort him. Jeremy walks towards Jenna, and Elena stops in front off her and Stefan.

"Are you okay?" Stefan asks lovingly and full of concern.

Elena, however, completely avoids his question, "I don't think the Sheriff suspected anything. Jeremy had no memory at all. All he knew was what Damon made him know,"

Stefan sighs before opening his arms for Elena to hug him. Elena declines and turns to look at the ground. "I can't do this Stefan. Every time I look at Matt or Jeremy, all I think is that Vicki is never gonna come back. And they'll never know why. Around you people get hurt and people die. I can't, it's just too much,"

Jordan can see the pain and self hatred in Stefan's eyes and she instantly feels bad for him.

"Why don't we go somewhere and talk about it," he says somewhat defeated. Elena, just like Matt, needs space, but saying that around Stefan people die was a low blow of her sister. Stefan is one of the few vampires who despise hurting innocent people, and Elena telling him that that is exactly what he does hurts him. Wether Stefan likes to admit that or not.

"No Stefan," Elena says firmly, "You have to stay away from me." With that being said Elena turns around, leaving Jordan and Stefan alone.

"I'm really sorry Stef. What Elena said isn't true, you are not purposely hurting or killing anybody, you're a good person. Elena tends to act before she thinks, but I know she loves you and you love her. Just give it a little time," Jordan assures Stefan.