Chapter 12 - This Is My Breakdown

okay, there was alot of spelling errors in the last chapter. wow. but it's because i wrote it on my phone so... anyways, i'msosorry please don't hate me! ohmygosh! i still have so many places to go with this! I still have to write the spring fever tour part and then ugh... too much. anyways, please don't hate me for the next few chapters because it's about to get really freaking sad and i have a feeling you can guess what's about to happen but please don't shoot me. Also, this story had over 1000 reads!!! WOOP! Title of this chapter came from the song Breakdown by Open Sails. They are a band from my home town/city! FEMALE LEAD! LOVE 'EM! They toured with The Wonder Years and Silverstein on their last tour and it was absolutley perfect.

Chapter 12 - This Is My Breakdown

AS we left the airport i stopped dead in my tracks causing Jaime and Kellin to bump into me.

"Lex, What's wrong?"

"Where are we staying? I'm not going back to mom's!" I said turning to face Kellin.

"Why not?"

"Jack."

"Jack's gone, Lexi. He left. He left after you did."

"Really?"

"Yeah. So no need to worry."

I sighed in relief and Kellin pulled out his phone.

"Who are you calling?" I asked

"Trey. I'm going to ask him to come get us."

In case you've forgotten, Trey is Kellin's best friend who he moved in with. Just thought I'd get that out of the way.

"Hey dude, Could you come get me, Lex adn her boyfriend... We're at the airport... I'll explain when you get here could you just come get us?... Thanks dude, i owe you." Kellin said then hung up.

"He'll be here in a bit. Meanwhile, I'm hungry." He said to us.

-----

As we entered the house i felt a chill run down my spine.

It hadn't even been that long since i was last here but it felt like a life time ago.

"You guys painted the living room?" Kellin said as he stepped inside. I stood in the middle of the living room, enjoying the silence.

"Yeah. Mom didn't like the white."

"huh."

"this is nice. Small, but nice. Very home-ish."

"Cozy?" i said with a laugh.

"yeah. Cozy. That's what i meant"

"Jaime, why are you so nervous? You okay, dude?"

"yeah, babe. Just... It's nothing."

He was acting weird. Like, really weird.

"Shit!" Kellin said out of nowhere.

"What's wrong?"

"My trucks is still at my house."

"Let's go for a drive then."

"We don't need to go right now. It can wait."

"Naw it's fine, dude. i want to see mom, anyways. y'know. just in case."

Kellin bit his lip and nodded his head.

i ran upstairs into my room and realized that this place had never really felt like home to me. They say that home is where the heart is and my heart was never really here.

i grabbed my keys and went back downstairs. i tossed the keys to kellin and he drove. As we drve to Kellin's, thoughts whirred through my brain.

I remembered one summer, about three years ago, when Cade and I were dating. We'd gone to warped tour that year and i had the time of my life. standing in the crowd, knowing that the people in the crowd were just as happy as i was, standing in front of some of the guys who'd saved my life. it was great. it was one of the best feelings in the world. Kellin and i had gone last summer as well and it was great. I loved every second of it. Even met Sleeping With Sirens! And that's where my heart had been. my heart had stayed at Warped tour and at concerts. but now my heart was somewhere else. as sappy as it was, my heart was with the boys. and for once in my life, i wasn't forcing a smile. i was genuinly happy.