Chapter 45

**Sarah's POV**

I was back home since yesterday and I still can't help but think about Samantha. Lucca didn't want to tell me anything. What is he hiding? Did He hurt her badly? My heartbeat raced at that thought.
Oh my god. I shook my head and erase that thought.

I sighed and put Marco in his crib. I stood there staring at him before feeling arms being wrapped around me.

"I have something to take care of". Lucca whispered. "I'll be back in a few hours". He added.

I turned to look at him, took his hand and walked out of the room.

"It's Sunday. Are you going to work?". I asked drawing my eyebrows together.

He shook his head. "It's not for the company, okay". He said.

"Then what?". I asked and he looked at me blankly.

"Can we talk later?". He said trying to walk past me. "I have to go". He started walking but I grabbed his arm stopping him.

"I know it is about Samantha". I said. "So tell me. What are you hiding from me? What happened?" I said, frustration clear in my voice.

"I told you not to worry about it". He said walking down the stairs.
I followed him in the living room and grabbed his arms again.

"If you don't trust me or talk to me, you know I will have try to find out myself". I said walking in front of me.

"Why would you think I'm hiding something?". He said getting frustrated himself.

"Because I know. You're worried about something. It's about Samantha, right?". I asked as his expression hardened. "Did you hurt her or something". I cupped his face but He didn't react. "Did she escape?". I asked and his expression hardened even more.
"She escaped?". I asked my eyes going wide. He didn't respond.

I took a step from him. Oh my god.

"Why didn't you tell me?". I asked loudly. "Why if she tried something with our son again? Why didn't you tell me?". I asked glaring at him.

"Because I knew you would be like this". He said running a hand through his hair. "You're going to worry yourself and I don't want that". He sighed. "And it was supposed to be confidential".

I looked at him shaking my head. "I'm your wife Lucca. You're supposed to trust me".

"I trust you baby". He said softly taking a step toward me. "I just don't want you to think about it".

I took a step back and looked at him. "What are we going to do?". I asked and he looked at me raising his eyebrows.

"We are not doing anything". He said. "I will take care of everything". He took a step closer to me again.

"That doesn't answer my question. What are you gonna do now?". I asked again and he huffed.

"Nothing you need to worry about". He said sternly and I rolled my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes". He glared.

"If you don't Tell me, I will try to find her too". I snapped and He glared at me even more.
"Marco is my son too. And it is about his safety. I am not gonna just sit here while the crazy woman is outside". I said crossing my arms over my chest.

He stood there staring at me.
He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

"Baby, just let me find her and stay with Marco. If you don't stay with him, who will?". He asked and I thought about it. I also thought about how he was using this in his favor. I narrowed my eyes at him and was about to speak when my phone started ringing. I took it from the table and answered.