The circle

no one's pov

With a broken heart, Lauren quietly slipped out of the church in the confusion caused by 8 separate women fainting all at once.

"It's the best way." Thought Lauren sadly. "We're from different worlds and in any case, she doesn't know the real me anyway. I completed my mission, stopped the marriage and destroyed Austin. He won't hurt Camz or anyone else for that matter. It's best to simply return home and mend my broken heart."

Suddenly Lauren heard a female voice behind her, call her name. "Lauren!"

For an instant her heart leapt she thought it may be Camz coming after her, but her spirits fell again to see it was her fellow servant Emily, running up to her.

"Emily?"

"Oh Lauren. I can't believe it; I thought that Austin was such a good man. Instead he was stealing money and all that. It's a miracle you were able to stop the wedding before Miss Camila married that blackguard."

Lauren smiled weakly. "He fooled lots of people. The only person he ever cared about was himself. I merely exposed him for what he was."

"More than that, I've never seen a woman do that to a man before. But it may be a sin, but I enjoyed watching you make short work of him. I think you could teach my brothers a thing or two about fighting. Where did you learn that?"

"Back home, which reminds me. Could you do me a favour Emily, actually two favours?"

Emily nodded. "Of course."

Lauren pulled a letter from her bag. "Could you give this to Mr. Cabello, next time you see him. It's my resignation letter. I'm sorry to give such short notice, but I've learned that my mother has fallen ill and I need to return home immediately. I'm going to pack and leave today."

With a shocked look on her face, Emily took the letter. "It was a pleasure to know you Lauren. I'm sorry your mother's ill."

Lauren nodded. "Thank you. It was a pleasure to know you. Before I go, there's something I'll tell you. I don't think you've noticed, but Michael Turner, the farmer's son who delivers the milk every morning. I'm pretty sure he likes you. I've chatted with him once or twice. He seems like a decent sort. You should talk to him sometime. Maybe you'll like him back. Not all guys are like Austin."

Emily's eyes went wide. "He's so handsome. I didn't know. Thank you ever so much Lauren. What else did you need?"

Lauren pointed to her horse. "I borrowed the horse from the stables. I rode him pretty hard and he's tired. I'm going to walk home through the fields and take the long way. If you could have Robert take him back to the stables, that would be great."

"Of course. Thank you Lauren. I'll miss you."

Lauren smiled. "Take care Emily."

With that, Lauren turned and began the walk home. She could have taken the horse, but just wanted some time to walk and think. That and she wanted to cry her eye's out.

The no longer to be held wedding, soon broke up and the various guests exited to return home. Today's incident would be spoken for some time; how a mysterious American exposed Austin Mahone as a thief and charlatan on his wedding day. Then when he insulted the bride, she proceeded to beat him senseless.

Camila who had been revived, was still somewhat in shock and had to be helped to the wagon by her father and Mrs. Bailey.

Austin on the other hand was dragged out of the church semi-conscious and dumped into the back of Constable Hill's wagon. He had a pair of shackles so as to keep his prisoner secure locked him up until they could reach the county jail.