Chapter 3

Opening my eyes, I jolt up, gripping the silk sheets beneath me on the bed. I am beyond scared and so confused. I have no idea where I am, and slowly, I start to remember what had happened to me.

***

F L A S H B A C K

The man in black gripped me tightly, leading me to the van. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't stop him.

"Please," I begged him, breathing heavily through the cloth he put on my nose

The man in black said nothing. He drags me to the van.

When we are inside, I beg him again. "Please. Don't do this." He looks at me long and hard. He then replies, "Nothing personal, honey. Just doing what I got paid to do."

After that, my eyes close...

***

I start to panic. I have to get out of here. Wherever here was.

I don't look at the room properly. All I want to see is the door. My eyes finally rest on one.

I get off the bed, and I try my best not to make a sound.

I then tiptoed to the door. But before I can open it, someone opens it for me.

"Shit," I say, as the man dressed in black enters the room.

"Well, well, well. Look who's up. Trying to run away, huh?" He asks.

"Could you blame me?" I reply angrily.

"No. Not really." He says, smirking.

"Why am I here?"

"Because the basement is taken," he said, smiling at me.

I stare at him, waiting for the real answer. Now I want to know what he's hiding in his basement...

He finally gives in and says, "Someone paid me to kill you, but I was kind enough to keep you alive and out of their way."

What? Someone wanted me killed?!

"Who paid you? Who wants to get rid of me?" I ask him.

"I can't tell you that." He says. He takes off his black mask, revealing his face.

My eyes widen.

Oh, God Almighty.