Remember me

Lauren's pov

Mary couldn't believe her eyes, what she saw, simply couldn't be.

"Grandmother, is everything alright." The woman said, with concern.

Not answering, Mary walked over to Lauren's table half in a daze. The face was exactly as she remembered it from all those years ago.

"Lolo? It can't be."

Jade smiled the nickname that Mary gave her. "Hello Mary. It's been a while hasn't it."

"It can't be..." Mary repeated.

"Do you remember what I told you that night?"

Mary thought and tilted her head. "You were from the future."

Lauren nodded. "Well, you caught up to me. From your perspective it's been something like 70 years, from mine; it's only been a few months."

Mary suddenly flashed back to that night and all of it came back, the music, everything. "It is you."

The young woman came up, looked to Lauren and then back to Mary. "Grandmother, what's going on."

Mary looked to her granddaughter and smiled. "Normani, Do you remember the story I told you about the night I got lost during the blitz."

Normani thought for a moment. "Yes. You were with great grandmother and when the air raid siren sounded, you got lost. But this odd woman found you in the tube station. She took care of you and played strange music for you. Then she took you home the next day. You told me once she played Taylor Swift for you and was from the future."

"Normani, this is Lauren, the woman that took care of me that night."

Normani looked at her grandmother as if she'd turned purple. "You must be mistaken grandmother, that woman would have to be more than a hundred years old. That part about the future, is just a story."

Lauren smirked and pulled out her phone. "It's not a story and I can prove it."

After fiddling with her smart phone for a moment, she held out a picture for Mary and Normani to see. It was a selfie with a 6 year old Mary and Lauren. "I took that picture on October 9th, 1940 when I was with your grandmother."

Normani looked at it in disbelief. "No it can't be. It looks like pictures of my grandmum at that age, but that just can't be."

Mary just looked at the picture with a happy smile.

Lauren laughed I can do you one better. "Watch this." Lauren then hit another button and a small video began to play.

Normani looked to see Lauren and what appeared to be her grandmother at age 6 in a dark corner.

Lauren pointed at the phone. "Ok then, you just talk and look right there. Tell them who you are."

"And this is a movie camera?" Mary said.

"That's right."

The small girl smiled and looked directly into the little lens. "My name is Mary Bell and I'm 6 years old. I live at 194 Stepney way in London. I have 2 sisters Eva and Helen. My mummy's name is Charlotte and my daddy's name is Charles and he's in the Royal Navy."

At that point a dull thud could be heard which made Mary visibly cringe. "I don't like the bomb's Lauren. They scare me."

"Don't worry, we're safe and I'm protecting you. Just go on."

"My favorite doll is Sara, my best friend is Beatrice and I want to be a fireman."

In the video, Mary happily chatted on for a few more seconds but a sad look came to Mary's face. "Beatrice."