Prologue

A small red leaf drifted down towards me, dancing in the wind. I giggled and held my hands up to catch it, but I still wasn't tall enough. Pouting slightly, I turned and picked up my doll from where it had fallen on the grass.

"Ana, come closer please!" Mummy shouted.

I turned and ran closer to the playground where she was standing. She brushed the hair out of my face and kissed my forehead softly.

"Eww." I whined, wiping at the wet lipstick.

I put my doll on her lap and ran off to the swings. A small boy came up to me with a big smile on his face.

"Hello." I said while trying to jump onto the seat.

"Hi." He responded, his face turning red.

I jumped up again and felt his small hands push me onto the seat. I grabbed the ropes and gave him a toothy grin.

"Thanks!"

He just giggled nervously and ran off again. Kicking my legs back, I let myself fly through the air like a princess on a Pegasus. Letting go of the swing, I went to jump off, but slipped and faceplanted on the woodchips. Crying in pain, I heard Mummy run over and hold me close to her chest. She carried me back to the table as I sniffled and tried to cheer me up. I

"Aw baby," She cooed, kissing my forehead. "Do you want ice cream?"

I shook my head and frowned.

"Do you want money for a new dolly?"

Looking at my dolly on the table, I nodded quickly. She started to hand me a five-dollar bill, but I frowned until she changed it to a ten-dollar bill. I grinned in excitement and started running around the playground. I've been told I'm very smart for a five-year-old, whatever that means.

"Do you want to play?" A girl said, tugging on my shirt.

I nodded and giggled. "Tag, you're it!"

"Ella!" A woman called out, interrupting our fun.

The girl, Ella, pouted and waved goodbye to me. I sighed and ran back over to Mummy. A pretty lady was sitting across from her, looking at some pictures of me. I poked Mummy's arm questioningly, but she only shook her head and told me to play with my doll for a minute. Mummy and the lady continued talking in hushed tones before turning their attention to me.

"Ana, baby, do you want to be a model like mummy used to be?" Mummy asked, a twinkle in her eye.

"What's a model?" I asked, looking at her with big eyes.

"It's kind of like a princess."

I bounced up and down at her words. I want to be a princess! The pretty lady laughed loudly, causing me to look at her.

"Hi Ana, I'm Julie! I'm going to help you be a model!" Julie said.

I grinned and stuck out my hand like Mummy and Daddy always do. She took my hand with a smile before turning back to Mummy again.

"As I mentioned on the phone earlier, have you thought of a name you want to use to get her started?" Julie asked.

"I want to be Glitter!" I interrupted, clapping my hands.

"Alright, little miss Glitter." Mummy laughed and pulled me into her arms. "She'll grow out of this phase, but I was thinking just using her first name, Savannah."

Julie agreed and pulled her papers together. "Sounds good. I'll get the paperwork started and we can meet later in the week to get everything sorted out."

Mummy nodded and I waved as Julie went back to her car. Jumping onto the grass, I pulled Mummy to the swings. She laughed cheerfully and pushed me high into the air. I squealed and shut my eyes but enjoyed every moment of it. I can't wait to be a princess!