Magic Stars

Sitting at the breakfast table, eating my Magic Stars, I feel a calm that I have not felt for weeks. Being here with father and mother unravels the knot in my chest that's been there since the start of summer.

   Today is my eleventh birthday. My Hogwarts letter is going to come sometime today if I am accepted.

I'm worried. Will they accept me even though I'm part werewolf? Will I be able to do magic correctly? What if I'm no good at Magic? My parents have tried to prevent me from worrying, especially on my birthday, but I'm still concerned.

   Right as I'm thinking that, a large brown barn owl flies into my kitchen. It's carrying a large, thick off-white envelope with a red wax seal. The owl drops the letter on my lap. I read the emerald-green ink from the front of the envelope:

Remy Lupin
The Kitchen
45 Recensere Dr.
London, England

I look at the back and see the Hogwarts crest pressed into the wax.

"This is it," I whisper softly.

"Vell? Vat are you vaiting for?" my mother says. She never had patience when it came to these things.

"Give her some space, Vicky," my father replies. "She needs a moment to take it in, I know that I did when I first got my letter." My parents are flip sides of a coin, and that's why they always fit so well together.

   I take a deep breath, and open the letter. I read it, a knot that has been there since the beginning of summer unraveling in my chest.

"I've been accepted," I say with a growing smile. My hair turns pink from excitement, but I don't care. I've been accepted!

My parents are beaming. They knew that I would get in, but I think that they were just as nervous as I was. They want me to be able to experience the place where they had first met each other and had fallen in love. I want to go just as much as they want
me to go.

I'm going to Hogwarts. This has been my dream for eleven years. So why am I so nervous?

I had been worried that I wouldn't get in. Well, even if I'm the worst in the class, I'll be at Hogwarts. The place of my dreams for many long years.

///🌈
Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter! It means a lot.