Twenty-Two: Lost

Jay

My wolf and I felt awful for not telling Sydney everything when we had the opportunity to because she deserved to know what was going on completely.

When I heard that now horrendously annoying voice I knew I was in deep shit. I had this sinking feeling in my stomach that this was going to shatter any progress I had made with Sydney and our hopes of a relationship.

I turned along with Sydney to see perky black-haired Jasmine with her two of her friends behind her. I stood up to tell her to fuck off when she slung herself towards me.

Get her off us human! My wolf cried teetering between annoyed and inraged. I unlike you want my mate only.

This made me irate. I do too! And why would I want someone like Jasmine when I have a woman as amazing as Sydney?

I started to push her off me. "Jasmine. Jasmine stop."

She pulled away confused as to why I was asking this of her. She finally spotted Sydney across the table from my spot. "What? Wh-Oh, it's you."

Sydney sized her up and her face morphed to restrained disgust.

Oh god! She's going to reject us now. Put me out of my misery.

Oh, shut up. Let's see how this pans out. Sydney's a strong girl and seems to listen to people and give them a chance.

We had our chance but we wanted to play footsies and try and woe her instead of telling her everything she has already asked about and deserves to know before committing to us.

The pit in my stomach grew.

Sydney's eyebrow quirked up as she looked at Jasmine, her arms still crossed defensively from our earlier conversation. "Yes, it's me. And you are?"

Jasmine was ready to fire back. "Well, let's just say you aren't the first person to open their legs up to Jay. And probably unlike you, he actually comes back to me." Her friends giggled at her crass meaning.

Sydney stood her ground, "Slow your roll. I don't even know who you are, but you have no right to talk to me that way and for your

information, unlike you, I don't need to have sex with someone to keep their company."

My mouth fell open from the way she talked and how attractive she was while doing it.

Damn, she's hot when she takes charge. My wolf groaned.

Yes. She. is.

Imagine how feisty she could be in our bed. My wolf pressed on.

Cool yourself Jay. You don't need to take Sydney right on this table in front of these people.

As I imagined it more depth it grew disturbing the thought of Jasmine and her click and even the cashier boy being anywhere near me and Sydney in the throes of passion.

"Oh, you fucking bitch you-"

Sydney looked ticked and interrupted her. "Look who's talking."

By now Jasmine's anger rolled off of her and wolf started to come out as she prepared to lunge at my mate. "Jasmine stop!" One of her little friends pleaded seeing this was spiraling out of control.

Jasmine's canines flashed as she said, "NO! She better know who the fuck she's talking to. I'm going to teach her a lesson."

My body tensed as I prepared to defend my mate from this psychotic woman. "You watch yourself, Jasmine."