9

Chapter nine: Hate

10.10.1944

Hermione sat in Care of magical creatures class alone as she watched Professor Blackmore start writing their daily lesson on the board. Not a while after did students begin to arrive, taking up the empty seats. She glanced up to see Tom and his posse pass by her and sit as farthest away from her as possible. She sighed and started flipping through her textbook, unexpectedly someone sat right beside her. She glanced up to see that it was Maxis Lestrange.

"Hello." He greeted smiling at her. "You seemed a bit lonely over here." His kind eyes scanned her face for anything wrong. She had realized that he was nothing like his future descendant Rudolphus Lestrange, who was equally as insane as Bellatrix and that something have had to happen soon that broke him to become the monster his ancestor was. But she still didn't trust him even though he possibly might be her first ally.

"Did you come here to just ridicule me about my blood status or to make me cry?" Hermione questioned fearlessly.

Lestrange looked at her in shock. "No no I'm not...trust me I don't care if your muggle born. I just thought well, that you needed a friend." He replied smiling gently at her.

Two dark eyes glared at the two with hatred. Tom watched as Lestrange made Granger laugh at something he had said.

"Blood traitor." Abraxas said glaring at Lestrange, "He will pay."

"Not yet, we need him but soon he'll be of no use to me and then..." Tom mumbled.

He had noticed for a while that Lestrange had some sort of interest in Hermione, even though she was a mudblood and he shouldn't care less whether he had an interest in her or not, he couldn't help but feel the annoying jealousy boiling deep within himself. He simply didn't like others playing with his things, and Lestrange will learn to understand that.

"Good morning class." Professor Blackmore greeted dully to which a strand of students greeted back just as unenthusiastically. "Today we will be learning about Unicorns."

All the girls in the class awed while all the boys groaned in disappointment. "Now now settle down, we will be heading to the Forbidden forest so pair up!" He finished.

The class burst with life as everyone began to pair up with each other. "Partners?" Lestrange questioned.

"Sure." Hermione replied. She really didn't feel like going into the forest but she really wanted to see the unicorns. She was utterly conflicted!

Seeing the distress on Hermione's face Lestrange took her hand. "Don't worry Hermione I wouldn't let anything happen to you." He said flashing her a charming smile. Hermione smiled at him, he was very handsome, his dark hair was a bit long and messy around his face, his cheek bones were high and he had bright almost cyan eyes.

Hermione flushed as she glanced down at their connected hands, Lestrange looked amusedly at her. She nodded before letting him lead the way. She had a feeling they'd get along quite well.

Tom clenched his fists in anger as he watched Lestrange and Granger walk out the class hand in hand.

She's a bloody mudblood, Who cares what she does! Tom thought as he crossed his arms and walked foward quickly shoving past Lestrange.

When they arrived at the entrance of the Forbidden forest, all students hesitated to walk in all but one. Tom Riddle strolled inside as other students watched in awe. Hermione rolled her eyes and let Lestrange lead her in. As they walked deeper and deeper into the forest, she knew that there was no chance they were going to find a unicorn.

"Stay here Hermione I need to ask Professor Blackmore a question, I think he's lost." Lestrange said before leaving Hermione, alone.

"Ah how unsurprisingly Granger, your all alone yet again." Drawled a voice from behind her, Hermione spun around to be face to face with Tom, a frown upon his face.

But Hermione wasn't paying any attention to his face but what was on his finger. There shining darkly was the black stone ring that belonged to Marvolo Gaunt. Tom seemed to notice her gaping because he immediately tensed up and looked at her with a guarded face.

So he was able to murder Marvolo Gaunt, he'd created another Horcrux...

Hermione quickly composed herself and sent Tom a glare. "What do you want Riddle?" She spat.

"The truth!" He snarled. "I know your lying to me you filthy mudblood! Tell me who you really are and how you knew about my parents." He finished glaring at her heatedly.

"I told you I read about it in a book!" Hermione exclaimed, this only seemed to ignite Tom's anger for he raised his wand.

"Petrificus Totalus." He whispered and Hermione's body suddenly went limp, she stared up at Tom in horror as he used Wingardium Leviosa on her to glide her body deeper into the forbidden forest.