Orphanage, Sweet Orphanage

A/N: Christina and Matt have left the hospital, and are just arriving at Hawk Orphanage's front steps.

Right now, I'm carrying Christina's bag up the steps of Hawk Orphanage. She's is carrying a teddy bear I got her from the hospital gift shop, as well as a tattered, miniature notebook, which she guards with her very life. We reach the large, wooden door. I ring the bell.

"Matthew, come on in. And Christina welcome back, sweetie! We were all so worried!" Mrs. Grawling says in a nervous tone.

Well she's chattier than usual. Something is off around here.

Instead of walking us up the stairs to the room all us orphans share, she whisks us down a small hallway to an office.

"Have a seat," she's rudely.

Christina plops down on the nearest chair, obviously exhausted. However, I don't sit down.

"Mrs. Grawling, what is going on here? Christina should be upstairs, in bed, resting. What do you need to talk to us about?" I ask sharply. I'm getting really angry really quickly.

I feel a small hand on my shoulder, and immediately know it is Chrissy's because of the warm feeling I get. I am seriously in love with this girl! I turn around and see she is sending me an encouraging look. She knows something is up, too. 

I look back at Mrs. Grawling and see she is giving Chrissy a cold look. She begins to speak.

"I have some questions for you, Ms. Andrews. I expect truthful answers."

"Yes, Mrs. Grawling." Christina says in a quiet voice.

"Okay, Mr. Hawk, you may leave now."

The lady must be messed up in the head!

"I'm not leaving. Either I stay with her, or we both leave. Your choice." I say, while wrapping a protective arm around Christina.

"Fine," she says impatiently.

And the questions begin.

A/N: woah. pretty intense chapter, right? matthew is protecting Christina, which is sweet! but what is with mrs. grawling? what questions is she gonna ask Christina? o and what about that little, old notebook of Christina's? just a diary or something more? answers in the next chapters ;)

thanks for reading!!!!!!! -marierosa13 **Psalm 1**