Chapter 19

We locked Carrie safely in the room and slipped out down the stairs. Eddie stood on one side of me while Anthony stood at the other. They were strangely protective and not in the good way. "What are you two hiding?" I whisper harshly.
Eddie and Anthony glance between each other and then back at me. "Somebody better start talking." I say crossing arms. "What do you want us to say?" Eddie says throwing his hands in the air. "Tell me what the hell is going on?" I protest and pause as we approach the basement again. Anthony sighs and looks at me darkly, "Not yet. Soon. Okay?"
"You keep saying that and I can barely trust either of you. What's going on?"
Before any of them could answer, a large thud shook the ground and I took a step back. We all looked at each other in suspense. I looked over at Anthony and he reached into his pocket and retrieved a beretta shot gun. I stiffened at him and looked at Eddie who had did the same thing. Eddie brought his fingers to his lips and moved down the stairs slowly.
Nervously, my hands scrambled and I retrieved my gun from my pocket too.
Making sure I kept the safety off.
Slowly I moved down the stairs and Anthony followed behind me.
The basement was dark, causing fear to prickle across my skin. I felt Anthony's reassuring grip on my shoulder. Eddie,putting on a fake show to make me feel secure and safe was actually hiding something from me, something that could end up in flames. Even though he seemed calm he was also pretty shakey. What was the secret?
Lights flickered on, giving the room that eerie horror film look.
It was so silent, you couldn't even hear a pindrop.
After a couple more moments of silence, I saw what looked like someone wearing a blue shirt. I pressed the gun to my lip and looked at Anthony. In a split second, he turned and curved around the corner, shooting twice. My heart jumped in anticipation and I heard shooting coming to our direction. Eddie brought me to my knees and turned and began shooting back. What do I do? Just sit here? I quickly scrambled to my feet and darted behind Eddie, gathering all of my strength that I had and curved around the corner and shot twice. Anthony looked at me, just as surprised as I was. He quickly glanced around the corner and motioned us to follow him. The intensity was great and suffocating. As we came to a halt, my eyes widened as I noticed I was staring into Jeremy's eyes. David followed closely behind him. Observing attentively, curious to what the next move would be.
Who would make it. "Did you tell her yet?" Jeremy asks flatly. I look at the boys and they say nothing. "Take that as no. You two are fucked up. I hope you know that." He says walking closer. Jeremy looks behind him and David takes an inhale of his cigar. "Well Anthony?" He says with a shrug. Anthony walks slowly towards David. Anticipation crawling on my skin. What was he going to do? Anthony looks David in the eye and extends his hand.
Shaking his hand. What the fuck?! Anthony turned around and raised the gun, "Anthony what are you doing?" I yell. No one answers and Eddie moves me to the side.
Anthony points the gun at Eddie, swallowing deeply. "Anthony." Eddie breathe, his eyes fluttering. He shakes his head to the side and grimaces, "Please." Eddie whispers. In what seemed like slow motion, I watched as Anthony pulled the trigger three times, all of them hitting him Eddie in the forehead.
"EDDIE!" I scream. My heart gave in. My throat closed. My body went weak. This was my pushing point, I collapsed to my feet and watched as Jeremy raise his gun to the side of Anthony's head. In a swift movement, I retrieved my gun and shot Jeremy in the hip, causing him to collapse to the ground, "Bitch." He shrieked. My mind went hazy, my eyes fluttered.
I was going in and out of a daze. My eyes were blinded by hot tears and I fell to my side.
I heard my heart beating in my ears, in a slow pace. I heard myself breathing. I saw David mouth something and pull Jeremy by his hair and pointed the gun to his head.
I heard distinguished yelling and everything was growing dark.
I heard more gunshots and more screaming.
Eddie was dead.
Brittany was dead.
Courtney was dead.
The love of my life was a murderer.
I had nothing left. With one last whisper of Eddies name. Darkness captured me.
~*~*^~
Sorry for the wait.
Hate me yet?