Prince of Knights Chp26

Salam guys, hope you guys like this chapter as much as I liked and enjoyed writing it. 

______________________________________________

~*There is a voice that doesn't use words~*

Adhari looked over her slender shoulder when booming, enraged voices erupted in the air. Raghad glanced at Shouq with apprehensive eyes. Without another word the bride and her sister-in-law hastened past Adhari and sprinted towards the front of the house, to the wooden doors. Shouq grabbed the ring handle and pulled the doors open, they stepped out of the house in drastic dread.

As there were no houses that faced sheikh Mubarak's house there was a sizable crowd of tribesmen assembled a good feet away from the house on plain desert. The throng of men had formed a prodigious circle around something or rather someone. Shouq caught hold of Raghad's wrist and veered to their right in order to get a better view of what was the matter that appalled even the wind in this tribe.

With rapid heartbeats and benumb feet both women halted where the crowd was thin and provided a clear view of the midst. Raghad glanced at Shouq, clicked her lips then took note of the deep frown between her brows. She followed her gaze and here her own big brown eyes widened at the horrendous sight in front of them.

There in the center of the perplexed crowd lay a body on palm mats drenched with crimson blood. Bile rose in her throat at the sight of insects that flew over the body and worms that slithered over the man's swallow face. Ya Allah! What on earth happened? Who was this man? A sudden thought caused her to clench her fists in downright terror. No, he cannot be one of the knights her brother, Badr stationed around the tribe to guard her. He cannot.

"This is what they have committed, ya sheikh." An incensed voice barked and Raghad tore her gaze from the dead body to look at the source. The individual was one of the men who stood by the dead body, she recognized him as one of the knights Faris was training earlier this forenoon.

"We desire revenge, blood for blood." Bellowed another man from the crowd and a hushed murmur glided over the crowd, like a phantom over sand dunes on chilly nights.

"I command you to quell your rage, AbdulAziz." A familiar voice sounded followed by sheikh Mubarak's form, garbed in a black thobe.

"La ya sheikh I cannot. How can I remain hushed when my blood, my brother has been slaughtered barbarically." The first man growled with his scarlet eyes staring at his leader, Mubarak.

"Indeed ya Abdulaziz this is beyond forgiving," another man dressed in a white thobe with a white robe draped on his shoulders sauntered up to where Sheikh Mubarak stood in the midst of the crowd, a few feet away from the body. "Ali," the man gestured to the dead body. "Was eminent to be a noble man, a man who would never hurt even a bird in this tribe. To commit such a sin to a being like him should be avenged, Mubarak." Raghad peered at the man, he was the only one who had called the leader of this tribe by his name. She narrowed her eyes at the evident resembles both elderly men shared and discerned he was one of sheikh Mubarak's brothers.

"You are correct brother Khaleefa." Sheikh Mubarak verbalized in stern tone eyes on the deceased man.

"We pondered they honored the pact, but that tribe is known to violate treaty." AbdulAziz barked, looking around the crowd like a deranged man unleashed from his chains.

Raghad's insides compressed and shivered at his words. Subconsciously, she took another step forward, away from Shouq to hearken what the men of the Borkan tribe had to utter.

"It was him, that vicious man is the one to assassinate Ali." The knight who spoke of revenge earlier seethed. The crowd gasped at the indication and Raghad felt her lungs burn as if a chunk of coal resided inside her.