Questions with Mrs. Grawling

"What did you know about Maria's condition while she was sick?"

At the sound of Maria's name I begin to tear up. How dare she bring Maria into this, well, whatever this is!!! I bite my lip, take a deep breath, and answer as calmly as possible.

"I knew that she was having multiple seizures. They assumed the seizures were due to the pressure on her brain from all her ear infections as a child." I answer. I can't help it; I start crying.

Matt tightens his grip on my arm. I give him a look. I'm okay. He seems to understand and relaxes a little.

"Yes, that's all very true. Is that all you know about her condition." Mrs. Grawling asks.

"Yes." I say.

"Okay. Next topic. Were you and Maria related?"

What? I think that this lady has officially lost it.

"No." I say dryly.

"Well, are you sure? Did she ever mention something concerning her family?"

"Mrs. Grawling, I know that you are well aware of this, but Maria was an orphan, and so am I. We have absolutely no clue about anything from our pasts."

Mrs. Grawling is getting desperate. I can feel it. She stands up out of her chair and walks toward me, and leans close to my face.

"Listen, little smart mouth," she growls, "there is something that connects you and Maria. I may not know what it is yet, but I'll find out."

She suddenly backs away and walks back to her desk. She resumes speaking in an almost pleasant tone.

"Unfortunately, due to budget cuts, Hawk Orphanage has had to cut off two of its orphans." she smiles sickly in me and Matt's direction.

My heart drops to my stomach.

"Matthew Hawk, Christina Andrews, you have an hour to gather all your belongings and say your farewells. After that hour is up, you are no longer legally allowed on the premise. Thank you for your cooperation."

She walks past us towards the door. She gives me one last look and whispers, with a  smile,

"I will stop at nothing to find out what links you and Maria, Ms. Andrews. Good riddance."

A/N: ....... whatttt???!?!?! :O wow that was a pretty big plot twist. matt and chrissy are now homeless. what happens next? and what was all that talk from Mrs. Grawlings about Christina and Maria having something in common? answers soon to come! ;)

love you guys!!!!!!!!! -marierosa13 **Romans 6:23**