~ Chapter 16~

* EDITED *

> Enjoy 😊

________________________

C.J

For the next few weeks, I was so busy working and working. Taking extra shifts at work keeps me busy. I did text Tasha every day, seeing how she was and our baby doing. I called her a few times just to hear her voice and the laugh that I loved.

Now I have a scar above my left eyebrow I got during my run in the bushes. It doesn't look that bad on me. Summer says it makes me look tough, but I don't think so.

Lately, Summer's been busy and distracted and I'm assuming it's the wedding planning she's doing. I know I should tell her, but I'm just waiting for the right time to talk to her about Tasha and our baby she's carrying. I know I should man up and say it, but.... something is making me not to. Maybe I'm scared or nervous to tell her the truth and watch her break down.

But it has to be done... Someday.

For the next two days, I have off. I'm getting ready to meet Greg at the gym. I need to burn off some energy. I haven't seen or talked to him for a while because we were so busy with life. Summer was working the day shift.

Grabbing my gym bag from the front seat and out of my truck. Greg is going to be surprised that I'm having a baby with Tasha. I'm not sure if I want to look at his reaction. Hopefully, it's a good one but will see. I opened the door to the building; I see Greg was waiting by the desk for me to talk to Karen. When he saw me, he ended his conversation with Karen and walked into the guy's change room.

I might not make it out alive once I enter that change room.

I opened the door slowly, and he was leading against the lockers, looking at me.

Greg leads off and walks towards me. Maybe I should prepare myself for impact. He's not smiling at me, just making straight eye contact with me. He stands beside giving me a straight face with no emotions.

Next thing.

"Congrats on becoming a dad, dick head. So, tell me what happened since we haven't seen each other for a while." He was all smiles and giving me a couple of pats on my back.

"Thanks here, I thought. You were going to beat the living shit out of me. But thanks. It's a big step for the both of us."

"Tell me all about it while we burn our energy off," Greg suggested.

I told him everything that happened on News Year's Eve and with Summer. But I also told him she's been very busy and not being home at all. So, we or I think she's having an affair with someone else.

My love for her is fainting away. Slowly.

My heart grows for another.

****

After finishing working out with Greg. He and I decided to go out for lunch tomorrow. I need some male bonding. Getting into my truck and turning on the radio. Driving home.

While driving down the street, I noticed Summer's vehicle in the driveway. She's supposed to be at work right now. Maybe she's sick or something. Usually, she calls me, but not this time. I park beside her and grab my gym bag and left. I opened the front door to music playing in the kitchen.

I drop my bag by the door and walk into the kitchen. Summer was putting coffee in her mug. I cleared my throat and she looked at me.

"Are you sick?" I question her.

"No, I only took half a shift because I have a bridal meeting tomorrow in L.A. I thought I told you a while ago." She was stirring the sugar in her mug.