Just What I Needed (16)

Picture of Marco on the side :) --------------------->

Almost four hours later, Marissa threw her arms around Keely's neck laughing. "I love your voice," she giggled.

"I love this song," Keely returned, smiling. The recording had taken about four hours because Keely and Marissa couldn't stop laughing throughout the entire recording. Plus, both Marissa and she were perfectionists, which meant that the vocals on this song had to be absolutely perfect. "What are you going to do with it?"

Pulling off the headphones, Marissa looked her straight in the eye. "Well, I was going to ask you if I could record this song for my new album, since you practically wrote it yourself."

"But," she over rode Keely as she opened her mouth for the blessing. "I really liked the way we did it as a duet. I mean, our voices are so different. I have a pure sounding voice, I could be a country singer because it almost has a sweet sound to it. But, you, you could sing anything, you've got the pipes I never had. And I like the contrasts of our voices in the song."

"So do I," Keely agreed.

"So I would like to know if you would put a duet out with me. My record or yours, it doesn't matter."

"Put it on yours," she said immediately. If you would have told Keely two weeks ago that she would be standing here deciding where to put a duet with Marissa James, Keely would have called you crazy. But, for now, it just felt right.

"Great!" she giggled, throwing her arms around Keely's neck yet again. “But we're going to have to record it again, because, let's face it, we could do better, plus we need to switch all the music around to get rid of the new icky pop feel and go back to the old school that you had in mind and-” her cellphone cut her off.

Pulling out the same phone as Keely's, Marissa furrowed her brow. "It's Marco," said she for Keely's benefit not being able to see the screen. "That's weird, we were going to go past the guys' house with the limo, I thought that was set. Why is he calling me now?"

But the rest of her words were cut off by Keely's cell ringing, the song What I Like About You, The Ramones signifying Haley.

"Great phone," Marissa smirked good-naturedly while answering her identical phone. "Plus I really like that song, hey," she said over the phone. "Oh, What I Like About You by The Ramones is one of Keely's ringtones," obviously, Marissa was answering Marco's question about what song it was. "Yeah, I know, right?" in Keely's opinion, this was them agreeing that that was a very good song.

Now Keely was grinning as well as she answered Haley's phone call. "Oh, tell Marco I said hi," she nodded to Marissa while bringing the phone to her ear. "Hey Hales," she smiled into the phone.

"Who's Marco?" she asked immediately.

"I love you too," Keely joked.

Keely could almost hear Haley rolling her eyes through the phone. "I love you Keels, I miss you, school isn't the same without you here, I'm sorry that you didn't hear from me about Joe and I getting back together, and I really do want to hit Tracey for you. But moving onto more important things."

"More important than you making me feel so special," it was Keely's turn to roll her eyes as she sat down on one of the two stools in the studio.

"Yeah," she said hastily, "Of course. How come I'm seeing pictures of you and Miss Marissa James all over the internet? You guys look like you're good friends, hooked arms, smiles almost matching clothes," it sounded as if Haley was listing things off from a picture she was looking at. "And this coming from the girl who thought going to her concert was going to be the death of her, but she would be able to stand it, because she'd never have to meet the singer."