1- The Invisible Man

A/N This is the new edited chapter one, you will notice that it is pretty much along the same lines as the original version, theres just added dialogue, it's edited, and in my opinion a whole lot better. Hopefully you'll agree ;)

P.S- Picture to the side is of Colin :)

Now read!!! :'D Vote Comment Fan! (More Comments=Faster Uploads) xD

When I woke up the next morning I wasn’t afraid, or worried, I didn’t have a testimony to prepare or a jury to convince. I was free, and it was the best feeling in the entire world. Their voices still rang in my ears, the last words I heard before the court room erupted into sweet chaos.

 “Not guilty”

After those two words everyone found theirs, everyone was talking, my mom was crying, my dad was shaking hands with the lawyer as he reminded them of the bill, and I was standing right in the middle of it all, like Moses as he parted the red sea.

And then I was being ushered into the car and taken home where a buffet of food awaited me my entire family was there in my house to congratulate me, and of course to thank God for freeing me. Of course the result was all in God’s plan, after all he was the big guy and we were just his puppets to control...except we had free will and while sometimes we’d go off track he’d always make sure we ended up exactly where we were supposed to be.

Not all of my family thought I was innocent though, there were a few who thought I was guilty and pulled me aside to whisper how proud I had made them...how I had done the right thing. But all their words of encouragement did nothing to wipe the stain of blood off my hands.

I had killed Matthew Hart, and while I didn’t regret it, I wish it hadn’t ended like that, I wish he could of made the right choice, after all God has a plan for everyone even the faggots, and I know there is a path somewhere out there that he was supposed to be on. Some place he was supposed to end up, and that place wasn’t a barbed wire fence off of a dirt road.

But I wasn’t guilty...and today I was truly free.

So when I woke up from my sleep I was excited to head to my closet and pick out y clothes for the day knowing there would no longer be suits laid out on my bed. Knowing that I could wear whatever I damn well felt like without worrying about how I would look. So I reached into my closet and pulled out a pair of skinnies, a white button up shirt, and a black tie that I tied loosely around my neck. I finished it off with a pair of vans and a wooden cross that I put on every single day.

...and as usual, the cross felt heavy around my neck, like a weight had been tied to it forever pulling me down. I had confessed this to my priest once, and he told me it was the burden of my faith that God placed upon all his followers, and that it was an honour that I be allowed to bear it.

After I was dressed I left the room and headed towards the stairs, I didn’t bother checking my reflection in the full length mirror, today I didn’t care how I looked, today it didn’t matter.

When I got to the bottom I was smiling...and starving, like any guy I liked my food and could pack quite a lot of it into my flat muscled stomach. My mom was in the kitchen the smell of pancakes wafting towards me as she flipped the pan, pouring in more batter as she cooked.

She looked so focused as she cooked, labouring over the hot stove, I loved my mom. I also loved sneaking up on her, so I tip toed lightly into the room careful not to make a sound on the linoleum floor. Once I was behind her, I positioned my hands on either side of her waist and then poked her right in the spot that always made her squeal.