Chapter 55

Summer's POV:

A siren. A siren.
"A SIREN!" I yelled. At the moment, Ali-Nooh yelled and hurtled forward. He coughed and took in a deep breath of air before rushing to help Uncle Rasool. He's the last one in.

Soon, we'll all be home, safe and sound.
Finally home.
"A siren?" Ali breathed, full of hope.
"Yes! Just get Uncle out and we can go home! To our children." At that moment, Ali-Nooh's dusty face lit up and he pulled his Dad harder.

Suddenly, a scream rung through the building.
"What happened?" I said, running from where I could hear the ambulance much better.

"My... other... leg!" We all stared at the sight before us. One of Uncle's legs was burnt completely off and there was nothing but a burnt thigh. The other was damaged from before. I ran to help Ali-Nooh.

Pull, pull, pull. Siren closer, siren closer, siren closer. Realistically the siren is 5 minutes away. And we're finding it very hard to help Uncle Rasool out. He's screaming and writhing in pain whenever his 1 last leg touches the windowsill.

Ali-Nooh's POV:

The siren is just a minute away now. And before the flames can drag my father to his death, I will get him out.
"Son... *cough* I'm sorry." Tears almost made their way down my face but I kept it in.

"Don't talk like that! We're getting you out! The ambulance is probably a few seconds away." I carried on tugging at him. He just gave me a weak smile.
"Sometimes... you have to accept *cough* that people are... truly... gone and never coming back."

With that, his body slumped to the floor and before me and Summer could react flames jumped hungrily at his body as he turned to ash.

I let out a deafening yell and then, a man came up from the fire truck.
"Is anyone else in there?" He yelled over my screaming. Summer nodded.

"But... Dad... It's too late... he's actually gone and never coming back."

So what do you guys think is the real reason behind this being called Gone Never, Coming Back? Well, I haven't revealed it yet (:
Did you see that coming?
Don't forget to vote, comment and share! Bye x