Chapter 5

Do you like the new book cover?

Stiles P.O.V

Waiting for Parrish to call me back, it's been a while. Maybe I should just figure this out on my own. I'm just going to home, I'm tired, I didn't sleep every well because of that dream.

I drive back home in my jeep. I unlock the door to the house and walk in. Dad's asleep on the couch, he literally never left the house... Since forever. I wish I had someone who could help me figure out why he drinking again. Parrish doesn't even really know dad very well anyway. I just really wish I had someone right now.

There is a knock at a door, if it is Scott I am gonna throw something. I opened the door and-

Oh my god.

Oh... My god.

D-D-Derek?

He can't be here, no way. He must be a shape shifter or something! Yes, I watch way to much supernatural.

This is all that could come out of mouth. "D-D-D-Der-H-H-How-I-I-" I said, I try to calm myself down. "How are you ev-even here? I mean like wh-why are you even he-here?"

"Sorry for startling you, Stiles." Derek said, "I came here cause something is going on."

"Oh, I... Um... Kinda missed you, like, it's kinda different without you here you know." I replied and smiled, Gosh, how much I missed this sourwolf.

Derek pulls me into a hug, I hug him back, wrapping my arms around his neck. I rest my head on his chest, wow, he got taller. This is a little awkward since we have never hugged before.

The hug lasted around a minute. We let go of each other. "Come in Derek, it's cold outside." He nodded his head and he walked in. He took off his shoes and jacket.

I jumped and sat on the counter. Derek looked at my dad sleeping on the couch. He looked confused. "Isn't your dad supposed to be at work?" He asked, I forgot, he doesn't know. I look down at the floor. "What did I miss?"

I told him about my dad drinking for a while and not going to work and I'm care of him. I also told him about how Scott isn't forging me for killing Donovan in self-defence, Malia breaking up with me, and Lydia in Eichen House. And, I told him about the idiot Theo.

"Wow, I missed a lot." He said, I rolled my eyes. "Stiles, don't tell anyone I'm back."

"Like there is someone I could tell... Derek, I literally have no friends now, who would I tell?" I replied.

"Well, Stiles, I'm your friend." He said awkwardly. I give him the 'seriously' look. "What?"

"I thought you hated me..." I said, I don't even believe myself. We have started growing close.

"Why would I hate you?" Derek asked, moving closer to me, I smirked. Dad starts to wake up, groaning and moving around. Derek looked at me.

"It's fine. If he wakes up he will probably drink." I said upset, Derek looks at me with sorrow."I guess we can go up to my room."

"Okay." He said, "Sorry... About your dad Stiles."

"It's okay." I replied.

We go up to room and talk. "So, I got this message from an unknown number saying that the guy is gonna kill someone, and apparently knows my name."

He got a message from an unknown number too? "What?!" I said confused. "I also got a text from an unknown number too. The 'unknown number' said that 'he is coming... He won't get to you, you will be dead before he does.' Then I said 'Who are you?what do you want? Who is coming?' And the person said back, 'first, I'm not telling you who I am. Second, I want you DEAD. And the person who is coming... You'll see.' I told Parrish already."

"That's weird." Derek replied. "What was the number?"

"I think... 416-975-4660." I said, he looked startled. "Is that the same number that texted you?"

"Yeah, do you think he was talking about me coming back... And going to... Kill... You?" He asked.

I started to look nervous, "Uh, nope, not this... No. So... Much stress!" I said, I put my hands on my face. Derek walked over to me and puts his hands on my waist. Okay... Awkward.

"Stiles, hey. It's okay. The 'unknown number' won't kill you, not on my watch." He replied. I try to crack a smile, but all that comes about are tears. Derek wrapped his arms around me, tugging me to his chest. I lie my head on his shoulder, I couldn't hold back my tears. I never had someone who cared about me for a long time...

When the hug breaks I asked, How... Long are you staying?"

"Oh, I don't know, I hope the Calaveras don't know I left, they will come after to me." He replied.

"Oh, you never told them." I said, wiping the tears away.

"Yeah, they are gonna be mad, but, literally, I don't really want to stay with them to find Kate." He said and smiled.

"You don't?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Yeah, I done with it, we looked for her everywhere." He said, "Anyway. I'm gonna check into a motel, I have no where to stay." He got up.

"No! Wait, you can stay here if you want." I said making stop before opening the door

He smiled. "You're fine with me staying here? What about your dad...?"

"Don't worry about him, I can take care of him. You can sleep in my bed, I'll sleep on the floor."

"No, I'll sleep on the floor, you can sleep on the bed."

"Derek, I will sleep on the floor, you are the guest."

"No, I will."

"No... I will."

"No... I-"

"You know what? How about we just sleep on my bed?"

"If that's okay with then, sure."

"Great, let me just...Check up on my dad."

--

Derek helped me bring my dad to his bed, since I, like, do that everyday. After, we went to bed. He slept at the left side of the bed and I sat at the right. I can't sleep right now, I sleep in the middle of the bed, that's the only way I can go to sleep.

"Stiles, I know you are awake." God, I had no idea he was awake, he scared me.

"Sorry, can't really sleep, I sleep in the middle of the bed." I replied and laugh.

"Well, you can sleep in the middle, that's fine with me."

"You sure?"

"Yeah." I scoot over to the middle of the bed, Derek is inches away from me. Still... Very awkward.

Finally, I start to drift off to sleep.

Vote- comment- follow :)

- Sammy