Chapter 15

Chapter 15

-Ryan Fox- 

  I knocked on the door waiting for Nima to open it. By now Matt should be here with the car. The door opened and Nima grinned at me. "Uh, hi. So, the car should be coming."

  "Um, okay." Nima shrugged.

  "So, is Alyssa here? I need to ask her something," I questioned, once I remembered what Mr. Windle instructed me to do.

  "No, why?" Nima asked, grinning. "Are you gonna take her out on a date or something? If you do, you should take me with you."

  "Something," I said slowly as the tinkling of keys sounded behind me.

  "Oh. My. God. You brought me a hot guy too?" Nima grinned broadly, "Thank you."

  "Ryan. Why is this guy hugging me?" Matt asked as I gave him a sheepish grin.

  "Am I interrupting something?" Alyssa asked as she appeared in front of her apartment, holding plastic bags filled with groceries.

  "Uh, no. I'm just letting Nima borrow one of my cars and Matt's just here to deliver the car. Nima this is my friend Matt. Matt this is Nima," I explained quickly. 

  "I'm straight," Matt said as he peeled Nima's hands off of him.

  "Oh, that's no fun," Nima frowned as he took the keys from Matt.

  "Uh, okay," Alyssa said slowly as she inched towards the door, "I'll be getting back to the apartment now." 

  "No wait! I need to ask you something," I said following her inside.

  "I'll just wait here then," I heard Matt say as I began to close the door.

  "Me too," Nima said giddily as the door closed.

  I followed Alyssa to the kitchen, where she began to unpack her groceries. Okay, well, how exactly do you ask someone to an awards show? She looked at me with a raised eyebrow as if she was expecting me to say something.

  "So, the Billboard Awards are coming up," I say casually, leaning up against the counter.

  "It's next week," She scoffed as she stood in front of me with a box of cereal in her hand. She stared at me for a second and just stood there with the box. "Uh, could you move? I need to put this away."

  "Oh, yeah, sorry," I said as I move to the left of the cabinet. "Anyway, I was wondering if you would like to come with me to Billboards."

  "What?" She said staring at like I was crazy.

  "Would you like to go to Billboards with me?" I asked again, but slower. She stared at me in either shock or thought, and I awkwardly drummed my fingers on the counter.

  "I can't," She said slowly shaking her head. Now it was my turn to stare at her.

  "Why?" I frowned.

  She stared at like I was stupid, "Do you not get the whole I-don't-want-to-be-seen-with-you thing? Oh, let's go to Billboards where there's a million photographers. Great idea. I'll never be recognized there."

  "I don't sound like that," I pouted when she started trying to imitate my voice. "Is that the only reason though? You can wear a mask or something."

  "Yeah, I won't look stupid at all," She said rolling her eyes, "Plus, I have nothing to wear."

  "I promise you won't look stupid," I grinned as she began to ease up. I mean, who can resist going to Billboards with this? "and I can get you something. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity."