Chapter 14

So sorry for the late upload! My next one will take even longer I'm afraid.. Coz I'm writing Damon's song for Layla, and I need someone to record and sing.. It's a whole lot of work.. >.< hope it'll be worth it in the end.. @.@

Anyways, back to the story! ^_^

[Lysander's time with Layla part 4-final part]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking tenderly down at the soft woman sleeping his arms, Lysander sighed contently. He wasn't even paying attention to the movie they were watching anymore, which was rare since 'The Notebook' was his favourite movie of all times.

He pulled her further into his arms so that her face was snuggled into the crook of his neck and was rewarded when she nuzzled into his neck and sighed, her breath causing goosebumps to erupt on his neck.

This woman had no idea what she was doing to him. Already he was falling head over heels in love with her while she was totally clueless of everything. In fact, Lysander was pretty sure the other three were very much as in love with her as he was. He had caught Matt just staring at her sometimes, unaware of the love seeping into his eyes, and Damon never could keep his hands to himself whenever she was in the same room. Rick was more controlled, but he had no doubt fallen for her as well.

There was just something about Layla that seemed to draw all four of them. She was shy and innocent, blushing easily. But she had a fierce side too when it came to protecting the things she liked or loved. He had had the priviledge of seeing her defend him when the others had teased him too far, and her soft heart was what he loved most about her.

The only problem left was, he and the others had noticed that she always seemed to withdraw into herself whenever she seemed to be having too much fun with them.

He had read books on psychology and how the human mind worked, and he knew that this was an instinctive action of someone trying to protect him or herself from getting hurt.

His face turned into a frown at the thought, and he tightened his arms protectively around her.

Whoever had hurt her in the past, the four of them would make sure they paid. No one was allowed to hurt their precious Layla.

A rumble outside the window interrupted his thoughts, but not as much as the jolt that went through the woman lying on him.

Layla sat up with a jerk and looked wildly around trying to figure out where she was. She calmed down a little when she saw Lysander's face, but immediately flinched when there was a flash of light from outside the window, followed by the rumbling of thunder.