Chapter 2

So, like I promised I maade this chapter longer and more interesting. Thanks again for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment :)

**********************************************************************************************************************

            My boots crunched on the gravel as I got out of my car. I glanced wearily at the ground, rethinking my decision to wear boots that heels on them. The air still hung heavy with the recent rain, and glancing up at the bleary whites and greys of the sky, I had no doubt more rain was to come. This was my favorite kind of day, chilly and dreary. Odd as it was, I loved how it wasn’t hot but not too cold. I loved the color the sky turned, how it was a bright whirlpool of muted neutral colors. I made a mental note to go for a run when I got home.

            With Taylor in tow beside me I walked down the street passing a small bakery and sporting goods store I hadn’t previously seen before. Passing a few more stores, we found what we had come from. Clothing stores. There looked to be about four in a row. Odd that they’d all be right next to each other, but very convenient for me. I smiled as I reached for the large silver handle and pulled the door open, eager to get away from the slight wind stinging my cheeks. As soon as I stepped into the first store, Nora’s Closet, I was enveloped in warmth and the heavy scent of a floral perfume. A woman looked up from the counter and smiled at us. She looked to be in her twenties with long black hair and dark eyes to match. Upon closer inspection, I realized she was a werewolf. She had the strong jaw, high cheekbones, not to mention the stench of one.

            “Hello. You guys must be the Collins family. I’m Nora woods” She said walking up to us and extending her small hand. Taylor and I both shook it and smiled politely at her.

            “I’m sorry, but how do you know who we are?” I asked, curious.

            “Oh, well everyone knows who you are Sutton. I mean, it’s not every day a new family of werewolves moves to our little town. And that must be Taylor” Nora said nodding towards my sister who had already wandered off to a rack of jeans. I nodded. “Well, let me be the first to welcome you to the Greenwood pack.” She finished. I smiled at her warmly and then walked towards a particularly cute shirt, lavender with lace detailing. Well at least one person from my new pack seemed friendly.

            Walking into the third store, Swift, loaded down with bags from the other two, I was again struck by the odd feeling that something big was going to happen. Though, this time the feeling didn’t feel too bad. Like a good something was about to happen. I was pulled from my thoughts when a girl around Taylor’s age walked up to us, grinning. Her scarlet hair was pulled up into a ponytail and she had the softest hazel eyes. She glanced briefly at me, and then settled her eyes on Taylor.

            “I was wondering when I was going to meet you. Your Taylor and Sutton Collins right? Of course you are, who else would you be? I’m Sadie, by the way.” She laughed lightly, and I noticed she too, was a werewolf. If the second store hadn’t been run by two humans I would have thought this whole town was only werewolves.

            “How does everyone already know our names? And is everyone here a werewolf?” My sister asked.

            “Well, the Greenwood pack is one of the biggest packs in North America and this is a small town so word gets out fast. It’s also Sunday morning and most humans are still at home, but you’ll see more of them later. Though, we do have a big wolf population.” She said winking, and then turned her attention to Taylor.

            I walked away, not wanting to get involved in their conversation. Glancing out the front display window I caught a glimpse of a group of people coming out of the small movie theater across the street. There were two girls in the front, chatting and three guys following behind their heads pulled down against the wind. Who goes to see a movie this early on the morning, I thought randomly. Must be early risers. Looking over at them again, I looked over the girls. They were both very beautiful, in different ways however. The first one was blond with loose curls that cascaded down her back and came to a stop just below her shoulder blades. She had a pale skin, and the body of a model. She was laughing with the other girl, who had chestnut hair and the same pale skin. They both seemed to be dressed for this dreary day. The blond had on jeans and knee high boots with a brown V-neck and beige cardigan. The brunette had a red coat on over black jeans and she too was wearing boots.