Chapter 4: The Interview...Marco De Luca

We stared at each other for a few seconds until he spoke "...and who are you?"  

"Hi, my name is Kalene Bello...I'm here to see Mrs. Harrison for the interview?!" I tell him sticking my  hand out to shake his.

He stood there staring at me and then looked down at my hand. "Oh, yes of course...nice to meet you Ms. Bello. I was actually looking for Mrs. Harrison myself." he says shaking my hand with a smile. A very nice one I may add.

We stood there silently until he cleared his throat "May I ask what position you are interviewing for?"

"The temp personal assistant position sir." I tell him making him hum.

"I see...well Ms. Bello I hope..."

"I'm so sorry I'm late Ms. Bello." a woman whom I'm assuming is Mrs. Harrison walks in cutting him off.

"Oh, Mr. D-" she began to say but he spoke.

"Mrs. Harrison, I was looking for you." the man which still hasn't told me his name tells her.

"Oh, what is it sir?" she asked adjusting her glasses.

He turned around to look at me with a smile "Ms. Bello, would you excuse us for a minute?"

"Yes of course." I say while he and Mrs. Harrison step outside.

After five minutes they came back in.

"Sorry about that. We are ready now." she says sitting down on the chair across from mine with the guy at the end. Guess he was staying.

"So Ms. Bello...tell us a bit about yourself?" he asked taking me by surprise. I guess he's doing the interview.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

An hour passed and I didn't realize the interview would take this long.

"Ms. Bello, if you were to get the position, would you be able to start right away?" Mrs. Harrison asked.

"Well, I would have to give my current employers a notice to see if my schedule can be changed." I tell them honestly.

"Alright. Thank you for your time. I will let you know by tomorrow if you got the job." she says standing up sticking her hand out to shake mine smiling.

"Alright, thank you so much for the interview." I say shaking her hand.

I glanced over at the man who was still sitting there looking at me without a word.

Mrs. Harrison glanced at him then me "Well, I have to get going now. Please excuse me." nodding her head she made her way out the conference room leaving the two of us alone.

 I have to admit I felt a bit flushed having him there looking at me so intently. His good looks and brown eyes intimidate me. 

"Well, thank you again for interviewing me Mr.?" 

"Would you still be working your jobs if you are hired here?" 

The question took me back "Yes...I would have too. I take night classes at the local community College and need to pay for it. I don't have the luxury of depending on someone financially so I need to work multiple jobs."

Humming at my response he leaned forward on his seat. "Hard worker...a great quality very much appreciated in this company."

"Well, I'm a hard worker...my employers can vouch for me..." I say proudly making him smile again. You could get lost in that smile...

Nick Bateman

Nick Bateman...love his smile!

Ring...

Ring...

My cell began to ring "Sorry, excuse me." I tell him pulling out my cell from my bag quickly which he nodded.

"Hello?"

"Kalene! Where the f*** are you?" my eyes widened at his tone...crap I forgot to call him to let him know I had an interview.

"Hey...I...I'm sorry. I meant to call you earlier...I...I had..." I began to stutter knowing that he was very mad and I will get it once I got home.

"You better get your ass home before I find you and drag you here!" he shouted making me flinch. Even when he threatened me over the phone I was afraid of him.

"O-okay...I have to take the b-"

"Do you think I give a f*** if you have to take the f'ing bus! You have thirty minutes to get your fat ass home to make me dinner...I have to work tonight do you hear me?" he continued to yell then hung up.

My eyes began to sting but I couldn't cry...not in front of a complete stranger.

I straighten my back then turned around slowly. "Is everything alright?" he asked cocking his brow.

"Um...yes. I have to go!" I tell him picking up my things quickly.

Standing up he went in front of me "Ms. Bello are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes...why would make you think there is something wrong? I...I just need to get home...I'm late...and I need to take the bus!" stepping aside I tried to make my way to the door. I had to take the bus as soon as possible before I'm really in trouble with Manny. How can I be so stupid and forget to text or call him?! I Pray that he won't hit me that hard today...we've been doing good for the past day.

"The bus? Would you like me to give you a ride home?" he asked me.

Turning around I ram into his chest not realizing he was right behind me. His cologne smelled divine making me loose my senses until I stepped back.

"That is very kind of you to ask...but no thank you. I can take the bus." I tell him "Thank you again for the interview and the offer to take me home. I hope I will see you if I do get hired. Good bye!" turning around I open the door and make my way out of the room sprinting to the elevator. Manny is going to kill me if I'm late!

A/N: 2/06/2016

Hello my readers! Sorry I haven't updated, kind of had writer's block and I was updating my other stories. Hope you like this filler one.

Kalene made it to the interview and met Marco De Luca the company's CEO without realizing it. Do you think he is interested in her?  Do you think Manny will hurt her once she gets home?

Please check out my other stories if you like Nick Bateman - "Double Trouble", "The Hitman" and "The CEO's Bet". Also have "Her New Step B(r)other", "His Live In Nanny (18+), "The Irish Twin's Run Away" and "Her Professor's Obsession".

Thanks for Reading, Voting and Please Comment!