Friendship ✨

SERENITY

Why do I keep on yelling at him? Why can't we have a proper conversation? Why can't we talk without bickering and shouting to each other? Seriously, Serenity?

You're nervous to talk to a boy, that's the reason!

Oh, shut up inner-self!

But to be honest, it's true. Believe me or not, the last time I talked to a boy was when I was ten years old and that conversation was with my dad, who, by the way, is busy with his other family. Great father, wasn't he? It's not like I care or whatever. He chose the other family and not us so, i'm choosing not to have a father.

Back to the topic... yeah, it's been a long time since I talked to a boy that's why I'm kind of nervous and freaking out every time he calls or send me a text message that I always ended up yelling at him for no reason. It's better for him to think that I was irritated at him that's why I'm always yelling at him.

And worst, he's a stranger! I've never met him before! Duh! That's what makes him a stranger to me. I never intended to talk to him. It was that brat-phia's fault! Was it right to use other people's cellphone and dial random numbers at texted it? Oh dear. Why do I have an annoying sister like her?

But even though she's like that, I still love this little brat! My only li'l sissy. So... back to that guy. Uhm, what his name again? Carl? Kerl? Ben? I forgot. I let out a sigh and walked up in front of a whole body mirror. I looked at myself and began talking.

"Why don't you try having a conversation with him? You know, a normal one? It's not like the world will end if you try talking to him normally. Besides, it's time for you to try talking to a boy. How can you get a boyfriend if you don't talk to boys. Who knows? Maybe he's the one."

I shook my head after realizing what I said in my mind.

"No! No! A phone-guy? That's impossible! I mean, hello? I don't even know him! I don't even know what he looks like! And I am not even sure if that caller is really a boy? I mean, he totally sounded like a girl! Yes! A girl!"

I sighed. Jeez, I'm getting crazy. Is this the effect of being always home alone? Definitely yes. See, I only go to school — an all-girls-school. Yeah, one reason why I haven't tried talking to a boy.

I wonder how is he going to react and say if I call him first and speak calmly. One way to find out... I grabbed my phone and began searching for his number and hit the green phone logo.

"Uh, hello?"

* * *

KENT

That megaphone is really annoying me! Why is she yelling at me all the time? I know what I did when we first talked was wrong but, hey! I've already apologized! Why can't she get over with it? It's like what I did is a crime! An unforgivable crime! Well, most of the crimes are unforgivable.

But that's not the issue here! The issue here was, why the hell she keeps on yelling at me?! She's annoying but at the same time, kind of amusing. She gets irritated easily and that it made me want to make fun of her more! Because, why not?

Don't get me wrong! I'm not making fun of her because I like her. Most people think that the reason of a guy who loves to play pranks or make fun of a girl was to make the girl notice him because the guy likes the girl or something like that. I'm different. Not all the guy have the same reason. And why does she keeps on throwing her phone whenever she hangs up? Or maybe, it's a different she's throwing? She's weird.

Definitely weird. I let out a sigh and stood up. Maybe I'll just go outside for a walk. I need fresh air. It's too suffocating inside my room. I stood up, shoved my phone inside my pocket and began walking, heading outside.

For some reason, that Serenity girl came inside my mind and my curiosity started bobbling. I became curious on how she looks in real person and if she was really a hot-tempered girl. Is she really like that? Or she's only like that to me? That bitchy attitude. And I suddenly realized something. Why am I even calling and texting her? She's right. Why am I wasting my time texting and calling her when I can hang out with girls in person and find a girlfriend. A decent one.

She's right.

I am just wasting my time having a conversation with a hot-headed girl like her. Yes, I'm gonna stop texting and calling her everyday. Why should I anyway? And why should I try becoming friends with someone who don't like me?

I decided.

I stopped walking and pulled out my phone and searched for her number. But when I was about to delete her number, to my surprise, my phone began to ring. And guess the caller?

Yep. It's her. The loud Serenity which made me surprise. Well, this is unexpected. Did she hit her head or something? Or maybe, it was just Sophia who's calling? Thinking that Serenity was the one who dialed my number made me shook my head. That was impossible. Her? Calling me? I bet it was Sophia.

Even though Sophia was the one who annoyed me at first and the reason for the misunderstanding between me and her elder sister, it's still fun to talk to her. She's cute and adorable. Okay, okay, I know. I sounded like a girl but so what?

I'm just saying what I think. I was just voicing out what's on my mind.

So in the end, I picked up the phone call.

"Kent at your service! How's it goin'? Sophia?"

* * *

[ Short, I know. Sorry about that! But thanks for reading, anyway! :) Hey! I tried! Okay? :D ]