Chapter 1

MIA

" It's been 6 damned months. Why won't she wake up? " I asked Dr. Barnell , Paye's doctor.
" I'm not sure Mia. Her vital signs are stable , everything is stable. Shes almost completely healed. Right now we're just in a waiting game. " Dr. Barnell told me.
Dr. Barnell had been the over seer of Payes situation since shes been here in the hospital.
" Well , she needs to wake up. She has to." I said as tears fell from my eyes.
" We're doing and just about have done everything we can. It's all up to Paye and whether or not shes ready." Dr. Barnell told her.
" Ok . Thank you doctor." I silently replied as the doctor headed out of the room.

This has been the craziest most fucked up months I've ever lived. First my sister gets shot , then Journey has been acting very sneaky lately and I'm really not sure what the fuck his problem is and I don't think I'll stay around to find out. I've quit being a stripper and is now working as a nurse here at the hospital full time. My first patient being Paye. Crazy and cool as hell right ?

" Hey M. " Derek, the guy who basically saved my sister said as he walked in with a teddy bear.
" Hey Dee. Whats Up ? " I asked stading up to give him a quick side hug.
" Nothing much. Just stopping by to see baby girl. Any news ? " he asked all the while watching Paye sleep.
" Well shes breathing on her own , though she has been for a while , she's practically fully healed, Everything looks good. It's just on her to wake up. " I told him and I noticed a pained look on his face.
" She'll be up soon." He said, reassuring himself more than me.
" How's your boy ? " I asked quietly.
" He's good."
" If he's good then why the fuck haven't he contacted me. Its been 3 fucking weeks. I'm his woman. Not some fucking jump off. Make sure you tell him I said that. " I said grabbing my shit and leaving the room. I was fucking livid.
He hasn't been home or contacted me personally in 3 damned weeks. I'm not the type of bitch thats gon sweat a nigga but him. . I don't play when it comes to him. He's stopped by to visit Paye when I'm not here working or visiting its like he's avoiding me. Sending me messages through Derek like some fuckin little boy. I mean I be the best woman I can be to his ass. I don't nagg him and even when I want to I don't cause I know I signed up for this shit. I cook every night, the house is always clean. He knows I'm not gon fuck around on him. Pussy on demand. He got that. I just can't figure out for the life of me why hasn't he come around.

DEREK

When I walked into Paye's hospital room, Mia was there and I instantly got nervous. Not because I don't like being around her but I've been sworn to secretsy about some shit and these past 5 months Mia has turned into the sister I never had. Meaning I don't wanna lie to her. I know she worries about Journey amd I wan't to tell her more but I just can't.
When Mia stormed out I shot Journey a text.

Me: Bro , How long you gon keep shit from her? She deserves to know.

2 minutes later her responded.

Journ: What happened ?

Me: She snapped. I meanh she went Ape shit crazy. She said , and I quote, "If he's good then why the fuck haven't he contacted me. Its been 3 fucking weeks. I'm his woman. Not some fucking jump off. Make sure you tell him I said that."

Journ: Damn man. I figured this shit would happen.

Me: We told you it woukd happen. You gotta tell her. Soon cause shes at a breaking point. She was talking to herself and some more.

Journ: Damn man. I just need a little bit more time. To get this shit figured out.

Me: Man thats on you. Its her life too.

Journ: I know.

After the last text I left that convo at that and focused my attention on Paye. She was really beautiful.
She was about 5'2, 120 pounds easily liftable, clear skinned caramel complection with long hair that was last straightened.
She had previously turned 17, which was perfect because I'm 19.
I was really pissed because I just wanted to hold her. Tell her everything was alright. I don't know when I fell for her. I just know it happened. I can't be with her though. I don't wan't her to hate me or end up dead or in prison for fucking with me. But this is the life I chose and now this is what I gotta deal with. Possibly losing the best thing that could've ever happened to me.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏
Hey There Hey There.

First chapter of the sequel to " Houstalantavegas". Yes. I know I changed Paye's age. But figured that would be best for this type of book I'm writing. I hope you all enjoyed it. Comment and let me know what you think.

♡Bianca