chapter 5

_____time skip one month_____

"Alright class, today we'll be doing taijutsu practice. Girls go with Mizuki-sensei, boys with me." Iruka said loudly. He was tall with dark skin and brown hair, also a scar across his nose.

After a few fights he called out. "Sasuke Uchiha versus Naruto Uzumaki."

Sasuke walked into the arena, condense practically oozing from his pores. He smirked at Naruto confidently. "I hope you don't think that just because a man from a dead clan has been training you that you stand a chance. You're about to lose."

Naruto didn't say anything as the fight started. His pupils dilated and shrank quickly.

Sasuke kicked off the ground, forward. Rearing back a fist, hoping to overwhelm Naruto with his above average speed.

Naruto saw everything happen, time slowed to a crawl and his mouth twitched upwards, a knowing smile on his lips. Sasuke made it to Naruto, only to have his fist slapped away.

That didn't stop the young Uchiha, he spun into a flying round house.

Naruto's eyes widened as he was forced to step back and caught the leg.

He's good! Naruto thought as Sasuke hurled a wad of sand he'd picked up at some point.

The sand blinded Naruto but Naruto channeled a little chakra and kicked Sasuke in the chest, sending him out of the ring. "Dammit Sasuke! You got sand in my eyes!" Now Naruto knew he couldn't beat Sasuke in straight taijutsu. He'd have to use chakra to empower his body.

Sasuke narrowed his eyes and sighed. "I lost."

Naruto brushed the sand from his eyes and grinned. "Let's fight again later, alright?"

Sasuke scoffed. He only cared about one thing, killing his older brother.

"Maybe later dobe..." At the very least the dobe posed a challenge.
_____time skip one and a half years_________

"To pass the graduation exam you must pass the written portion, and the ninjutsu portion. The written test will be on the history and theory of ninja tactics. The ninjutsu portion consists of being able to transform, use substitutiom, and create at least three bunshin." Iruka explained.

Naruto cursed under his breath, despite all the training he's done he can't do the bunshin. He simply had far too much chakra.

Hinata whispered lowly. "Don't worry, Naru-kun. I'm sure we'll do great."

"I'm gonna talk to Arashi-sensei, maybe there is a clone that takes more chakra?" He pondered aloud.
__________________________

"Yeah there's a few clones that require more chakra. I only know the fire style clone, though. Tell you what, I'll go talk to the old man. You keep practicing water walking. " Arashi pointed to the small pond Hinata was standing on.

Naruto nodded and tossed his shirt and shoes to the side, before wobbly walking onto the water.

Arashi yelled out. "Hey Hinata-chan, now that you can walk around fairly easily, I want you to practice with your bow!" He'd gotten her a bow and arrow, arguing that with the byakugan she'd be able to pick enemies off at greater distance than a normal bow user and she had plenty of explosive tags to attach to the arrows.

She nodded, activating the seal on her belt. A ornate ivory looking bow appeared in her left hand, then the seal on the back of the belt to draw an arrow.

In a years time she'd gotten faster and stronger, able to fight Naruto to a stand still with only taijutsu but she was downright lethal with her bow. Arashi had placed acceleration seals on the bow to fire arrows at greater speed for more distance.

Arashi then left the training ground for the hokage's office.

"_____________________

"Hey old man!" Arashi barged through the door, not bothering to knock.

Hiruzen quickly hid an orange book behind his robe. "Yes Arashi-kun?"

Arashi sat down. "Got a problem. The academy instructor says Naruto has to do a bunshin to pass, but with his reserves I doubt he will ever be able to do one. It's a cappy E level genjutsu, a civilian could learn it since the chakra requirement is so low. I would teach him the fire clone jutsu but if he dispels it in class it could end up bad because of the level of fire that comes out. "

"I see...hold on." He wrote down a set of instructions for a jutsu. "Give him this. It's the shadow clone jutsu, the chakra requirement is much greater." He smiled grandfather at Arashi. "I have a question though... would you be willing to take on a team of genin?"
__________________________

"Here you go, Naruto. The hokage said to try this one." He handed Naruto the small slip of paper.

"The exam is in a week, how am I supposed to learn this that fast?!?!" Naruto exclaimed annoyed.

Arashi shrugged. "I don't know the jutsu, but it looks pretty straight forward. Try it."

Naruto held up his hands crossing his hands into a 't' with two fingers from each hand. "Shadow clone jutsu!" Naruto funneled as little chakra as he could, creating a single copy of himself.

"Awesome!""Awesome!" He and the clone said at once.

"Boss you did it!" The clone high five Naruto.

Naruto was grinning but Arashi looked impressed. "On the first try too. The old man said if you figured it out to tell you the secret of these clones. They transfer whatever they've learned onto you, meaning they can read something, dispell, and it'll be like you read it."

"So I can train chakra control and theory with them but I gotta do physical training on my own?" Naruto held up his hands, a blue energy surrounding him. Wind kicked up around him. "Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu!!!!!" The field was filled with white smoke that evaporated quickly, revealing a thousand clones.

Arashi's eyes widened. "The training applications for this jutsu are amazing, you could make them all practice a jutsu for a day and by the time you dispel them, you'd master the jutsu!"

(Vote stats! Sith/force release:9 votes
Rinnegan:eight votes
Sharingan: five votes
Swift release:five votes
Blood release: one vote
. Super sayain release: two vote
Storm release: one vote
Regeneration: five vote)

I do allow ppl to change your minds but both votes will count, thanks for your participation :)