NINETEEN; ECHOES OF SILENCE

GOAL: 15 COMMENTS

(E) NINETEEN; ECHOES OF SILENCE (S2E20)

_____

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Estella heard from downstairs. She sighed through her nose, glaring up at the ceiling. It was doomsday--the day Klaus was going to complete the ritual. She stood up, making her way to Elena, Stefan, and Elijah; she knew she had to be apart of the conversation in order to add information.

"Elena said that the sun and the moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus," Stefan said in a confused voice, looking to Elijah for confirmation.

"Yes," answered Estella, walking into the parlor. "Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting."

"But if he breaks it...he'll be a true hybrid," Elijah finished for her. He scanned Estella's appearance, noting her hair lazily tied up into a bun and was sporting leggings and a simple t-shirt.

Estella nodded, giving Stefan a reassuring smile. She grabbed a glass of Bourbon and poured herself some.

"Isn't it a little too early to be drinking?" Elijah questioned her, quirking a judgemental eyebrow.

"It's 5 o'clock somewhere, right?" Estella replied lowly, sitting down on the recliner adjacent to her brother.

Damon sulked into the room, glowering at every person in the room. Estella rolled her eyes at her moody brother and sipped her drink.

"Why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon questioned. Estella drank more of the bourbon in her glass. "We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

"Damon." Stefan sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying," Elena argued with him.

"I'll write her a great eulogy," Damon retorted.

"It's not an option, Damon," Elena snapped with a tone of finality. Estella sat back in the recliner, watching them fight in slight amusement, slight annoyance.

"All right. How do we break this curse?" Stefan asked, interrupting Damon and Elena. He looked to Elijah and Estella, knowing that they both had the information.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know," Elijah told them.

"The moonstone," Stefan spoke.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each," Estella informed.

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena questioned.

"The final part of the ritual. Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger to the point of your death," Elijah explained. Stefan sighed and grabbed Elena's hand, already concerned for her.

"And that's where you come in," Elena said, looking at Elijah. She squeezed Stefan's hand in reassurance.

Elijah popped open a box containing a vile with a clear substance inside it. "This is an elixir that I acquired some five-hundred years ago for Katerina. It possess mystical properties of resuscitation."

"So I'll be dead?" Elena asked.

"And then you won't," Elijah finished.

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon asked incredulously before turning to Elena. "You want to come back to life? What about John's ring?"