Chapter 54 - My Feelings

I just have to express my love for this new Wattpad update. This is one of the first times I'm actually happy with an update. I was not expecting it! Anyway I apologize for this chapter being late again. I wanted to give it a proper end the I had to spend a little extra time finishing up the chapter.

Song: Edwin Raphael - Harbours (Don't play until it says so in the st- wait a minute... this isn't necessary any more!)

Theo's POV

"Thanks for today. I-it's been so long since I've been to a zoo, so I really appreciate it." Keegan thanked. "I had a lot of fun today. I truly felt like myself for the first time in... forever. I know I can be a little clingy and not respect peoples personal space at times, so I want to apologize if I made you uncomfortable. I was just so excited." He spoke softly, like a gentle breeze. That was it... now was the time. I've held off long enough. I don't want him to be upset with me for doing something so selfish, but I can't hold off any longer.

"But thanks again. I don't know how this day cou-" I interrupted him, placing two of my fingers under his chin and lifting his head to mine. A heavy breeze washed passed us as our lips connected. His were so soft, softer than I imagined them to be. The feeling of them pressed against mine was the greatest and most satisfying feeling in the world. I felt lightning course through my body with shivers up my spine. I pulled him closer with my free hand and deepened our kiss. This wasn't my first kiss but it was so special and new that it might as well have been. The kiss lasted for a long minute.

I pulled away to see Keegan's face. His cheeks were a deep red, his eyes wide open, and his lips still parted. He took a few steps backwards and continued to stare at me in complete silence. I did the same, not knowing what to say.

Keegan stood there, looking as if he wanted to say something, but nothing would come out. My heart rate increased the more I came to realize what I'd just done. I was hoping I didn't upset him. Maybe he wasn't ready?

"Sorry... I just." I paused, trying to form words in my stirred mind.

"Is this a joke... or do you..." Keegan said, shifting his sight to the bridge below him.

"No! This wasn't... it wasn't a joke." I assured him. He looked up from the ground, directly into my eyes.

"S-so, you do... like me?" He stuttered, making it easy to tell how nervous he was.

"More than you could ever imagine." His cheeks lit up and his eyes shifted to the right, breaking our gaze.

"Why? Why did you wait so long if you knew... If you knew I liked you back?" He hesitantly questioned.

"There were a lot of reasons I guess." I shrugged. "The biggest one being that I didn't think you were ready for me to drop all of my feelings out there while you were going through so much. Especially since I was one of the causes..." I didn't want to remind him about all of that, but it was the only way to give him an honest answer.

"That's the reason I acted the way I did when Alayne told me all of the things you supposedly did. I liked you a lot, and not only as a friend... so it broke my heart when I thought all of the time we spent together was a lie." Keegan's eyes returned to mine wearing a look of surprise.