~*~ Re-United ~*~

Liza’s POV

My shoulder was lightly shock as I was dragged away from the land of dreams. My eyes began to flutter open to see a blur of a person sat on the edge of my bed. I rubbed my eyes lazily as the blur became realistic.

There sat Elijah Mikaelson with a soft smile.

“Good morning Elisabetta,” He smiled warmly.

“Elijah, you’re home,” I gasped pulling him into an awkward hug as I sat up.

“Yes I am. I’m sorry I have been away for so long, it won’t happen again,” He stated hugging me back.

“You were gone for a long time, Kol disappeared for a while and Rebekah just turns up whenever she wants to,” I frowned as the hug ended.

“At least you had Niklaus,” He stated with a knowing look.

He knew. He knew me and Nik were in some type of relationship, so this nice welcome back conversation would turn into a harsh lecture about dating his brother.

“You know don’t you?” I sighed moving so I was sat next to him on the edge of my bed.

“Yes I do, so are you going to explain or shall I forbid the relationship now?” He frowned.

I sighed. I loved Elijah like a Father and his opinion was important to me. Just sometimes I didn’t want to take his opinion into account but I knew I had to.

“Elijah, just hear me out, okay?” I smiled softly.

“I’m not like my siblings, I’ll hear you out,” He chuckled.

He definitely wasn’t like his siblings, he had some morality. Obviously he did, he brought me up as his own daughter when he could have just abandoned me onto the street, which I’m sure the other three would have. Also if one of the other three were annoyed with me they wouldn’t let me explain what I had done, but at least Elijah was willing to do that.

“He makes me happy, I’m sorry if you don’t like it but he really makes me happy. I can’t say he’s my true love and we’ll be together until we die but I think I love him,” I smiled weakly trying to convince him that Nik and I should be a couple.

“He’ll hurt you. You know how heartless and angry he can be. I’m not saying you will but you’ll probably do something that will cause him to be angry and he’ll snap. He’ll kill you and I can’t and won’t let that happen,” He sighed looking sad either at the thought of my death or that he was forbidding my relationship, or maybe a little bit of both.

“He wouldn’t hurt me. He cares too much and you know I wouldn’t hurt him. Can’t you trust me?” I frowned.

“No Liza, I can’t see you get hurt, he will hurt you and you know it,” He sighed whilst he shook his head.

My door opened after about a minute of silence. Nik stood in my doorway before entering my room with a frown.

“What do you want Klaus?” Elijah frowned.

“You have no right to tell the young lady what she can and cannot do,” He stated.

“She is basically my daughter, I can tell her who she can date and who she can’t,” Elijah pointed out.

“Last time you got involved in my love life I became a vampire. You were going to force me into a marriage and then I died because I was against it,” I frowned.

It was a low blow but it was un-fair I couldn’t be in a relationship with who I pleased. I was fine with making mistakes in relationships and growing as a person until I found my true love. Nik could be my true love or probably not but it was better to learn from this mistake than make it again and again.