Chapter Twelve : Insulting

Reminder : I've been to only one wedding in my entire life and I was four... so bare with me some stuff might be left out or not added and some of this could be completely wrong because you can't trust google all the time 😒😂

Ajani Turner

"Is fadda here yet? Nothing is going right, the flowers haven't been delivered and nobody can even find my groom" I said with tears filling my eyes. My mother made me sit down as she grabbed a tissue and dabbed at my eyes while I looked at her helplessly.

There was a knock on the door and I looked up wondering who it was. Moments later Angelo entered with his dress shirt unbuttoned and his hand covering his eyes. I wondered since he was here had Kaine finally showed up.

"Angelo we're decent" My mother said and he moved his hands before clearing his throat awkwardly. I slowly stood up and approached him causing him to take a few steps back frightened at what I was about to do.

"I woke up this morning and Kaine was gone, I tried to hold off on telling you so I could find him but I can't. His bag and stuff is gone so maybe he went to have some quiet time and then he plans on coming?" Angelo said and I looked down at the dress I was wearing before I let a tear drop fall, he was two hours late.

"Maybe fadda was right, maybe we are to young to get married. My fadda didn't even show up and I don't have anyone to walk me down the ais-" I said before pausing once uncle Ohaji walked in fixing his bow.

"I'll be back I have to go find find your father, hopefully I don't accidentally strangle him to death" my mother mumbled as she walked out. Angelo cleared his throat before he awkwardly looked at me.

"Don't worry Jani, Kaine will come or I'll beat him up. You look beautiful by the way" Angelo winked before he left out to go finish getting dressed. I looked at O helplessly and he looked around as if I was looking at someone else.

"If my fadda doesn't show up before the wedding and if Kaine does show up. Will you walk me down the aisle? I just wanna get this day over with and you're like more of a grandfather than my own, not that it makes me love him less but I do love you more" I said quietly and he looked at me growing shy all of a sudden.

"If you want me to I'll do it, I never had any daughters but you and your mother kinda filled that void" he said as he looked around the room. I would've hugged him but I didn't want to ruin his shirt with my makeup.

"If I do have children in the future then you can be their God fadda also, Kaine and I talked about it and I know how you did want more children but didn't to appease uncle Calvin which wasn't fair to you" I said and he stared at me for awhile before he smiled showing the dimples in his face.

"You're probably my favorite" he admitted and I smiled too as uncle Zaire appeared. He was holding a camera and he looked at me.

"Your mom wants pictures of you throughout your wedding day for the photo album" he said and I nodded. Uncle O pulled me into him and Zaire snapped the picture before he held the camera up and got in the picture with us.

Johan appeared and he looked like he had to tell me some bad news. I took a deep breath and stared at him awaiting whatever he had to say knowing I'd have to suck it up and be disappointed.