K-I-S-S-I-N-G in a Tree

We have been running for a good 7 minutes now. Matt is convinced that Mike, the guy he got in the fight with, is going to track us down and turn us into the police. As soon as we got off Hawk property, I shouted at Matt to follow me and we sprinted to the first place I could think of going: my childhood hiding place.

We arrive at the secluded spot in the woods that I discovered when I was a kid, new to the orphanage. I always came here when I needed to hide and run away from my problems.

Like I'm doing now.

This was not supposed to happen! Thanks to Matt, my plan is already starting off wrong. I feel a sudden burst of anger towards him. I march up to him...

... And I slap him across the face.

My hand stings after, but I feel better already.

 And then I start to run away from Matt. I make a beeline for the woods, but he follows me.

He's really fast. Great.

And he didn't recently have a seizure. He has such an unfair advantage.

After only a minute or two, he finds me in a tree, bawling my eyes out.

"Chrissy! Are you okay?!??!??" he yells up to me from the ground.

He's still worried about me, even after I slapped him?

Maria would wink at me and tell me "he's a keeper, Christina!"

"I'm fine, Matt. Just leave me alone."

"NOPE!"

And he starts climbing the tree. He reaches the branch I'm sitting on in record speed. He climbs out toward me and sits next to me. He looks me in the eyes and begins to speak quietly.

"Christina, are you okay? Why did you slap me?"

"I'm fine, Matt! I already said that! Ugh! And I slapped you because you are being a jerk! You already messed up the beginning of my plans to find what Maria was looking for!"

"I'm right here. No need to yell." he says like he's scolding a little child.

"O my gosh! Stop being so annoying!"

"O my gosh! Stop PMS-ing!" he says with a smirk.

That makes my vision go white with rage for one moment, and then makes me snap out of my anger. And then I just snap. I start sobbing on Matt's shoulder.

He smells really good. Like AXE but not too much AXE.

He's right. I am really PMS-ing right now.

And I really have to apologize to him.

"Matt," I say in between sniffles, "I am so sorry. That was totally uncalled for. None of this is your fault. I was just upset and.."

He cuts me off by pressing his lips to mine, softly and sweetly.

"You're so adorable when you're angry." he whispers in my ear.

A/N: OMG!!!!!!! matt did it!!! he made his move!!!!!!!!!!! what happens next, does he ask her out? ;) I hope he does! ;) PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND/OR VOTE! every read means a lot to me!

thanks for making me smile!!! -marierosa13 **Revelation 22:13**