Fancy Presents

Pretty soon, it was time to open presents. Lots of the presents were big and fancy. Sofia wasn't sure if she could open some of them. When she opened a present from Princess Clio, it was a very beautiful and sparkly dress.

"A blue and red parrot dress?" Sofia asked. "Thanks, Clio."

"You're welcome, Sofia," Clio smiled. "You don't know how hard the seamstress worked on it."

Sofia had received a lot of fancy presents from everyone.

Hildegard had given her a fancy tiara.

Jun had given her hypoallergenic perfume.

Vivian gave her a sparkly picture frame.

Desmond gave her a fancy dollhouse.

James gave her a fancy flying derby uniform—so fancy that it was very uncomfortable.

Finally, Amber gave Sofia a pair of glass slippers.

Sofia was very overwhelmed by all these presents, and she felt like they were meaningless because it seemed they thought she wanted something fancy. She thought that Amber probably talked them into giving her fancy gifts because she liked fancy things.

Sofia began to feel even more overwhelmed when everyone sang "Happy birthday, Sofia" to her. Sofia really couldn't take any of it anymore—she just got up and went to her bedroom.

When the song was finished, everyone finally noticed that the birthday princess was gone. The princes and princesses started looking for Sofia, but they couldn't find her.