A Child Cries Tonight

A battle between dwarf an elfs was declared. The first battle has been engaged, but the king was not present in the battle, he was back in his palace. The king of GreenWood didn't care about that, he has been waiting for this moment.

He ran through the halls arriving in front of one of the healers room. The one were his wife was in. No, she is not sick or wounded, but going to have a child. He was so anxious, he was about to become a father. The door opened. "My lord," she bows her head,"your wife is ready," and she steps aside.

He runs in and needs next to her, holding her hand. "Are you ready my dear?"asks the king. "I've been waiting for months, of course I'm ready," she gasps out. "Okay, it's time, when I say push, you will need to push," said one of the healers. The queen only nodded. "1-2-3, Push, 1-2-3, Push." Know you could see a head of the little child. "One more push.!" Then the baby was out.

"Is it a girl or a boy?" The king asked anxiously.

"It's a boy." The servant said relived, but happily. She handed the little elf to the king. The child opened his eyes to show these beautiful sapphire blue eyes. "They look like your eyes dear. I hope they stay like that." "I hope so to, and they twinkle like yours."

The servant had left a little bit to go. "Is it a boy or girl?"asked one of the guards in front of the healing room. "We have a new prince! I must tell the messenger to tell the kingdom!" And off she ran to tell the messenger. The guard ran off to tell the rest of the palace, knowing that he would become the princes guard.

The messenger got the news and ran off tell the kingdom. He jumped on his horse and ran through the gates to the village. Everyone has been waiting for months, waiting for a new prince or princess; so when the messenger ran through the gates, everyone gathered in the middle of the village.

The messenger waited for everyone, who was as anxious to tell everyone as they were. When everyone had gathered he shouted,"The new prince of GreenWood has been born!" And everyone cheered and celebrated through the night. But if you were listening, you would hear the new prince of GreenWood cry that night. His first cries were heard through the night.